Saints biggest needs moving forward

Dome

11 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Surprised DB is so far down your list... We have great young talent all over our secondary, but we’re as thin as anyone in the league when it comes to depth.

Its a need for sure... We know what Lattimore is but im also very high on Crawley whos also a young talent that will get better. Then Breaux is due back. Along with PJ I think we could use another guy but i dont have it extremly high on my list. Mainly due to the fact that I view Lattimore and Crawley as longterm starters.

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I just really don’t see DL as big of a need as most of you I guess.

Im assuming Okafor is coming back, and Nick Fairley isn’t. Okafor, Hendrickson, Cam and Kikaha are fine for DE. Obviously a star pass rusher opposite Cam would be awesome, but we played fine with these four in rotation. If anything we can spend another pick on depth but I still think LB is a much bigger need that DE.

Rankins IS a tackle that’s taking on double teams, he’s also shown he ability to rush the passer. If he can keep doing what he’s doint and Ony and Davison (and Hendrickson) for depth was working fine for us this year. I see LBer as a bigger need than DT as well.

I definitely agree that DL depth is a need, but as far as starters go, gimme a linebacker.

Rankins is taking on double teams but hes at his best and most impactful when he has the ability to penetrate like the explosive 3 tec he is. Davison while solid get handled far to often by one blocker which allows teams to double Rankins and limit his imapct in the pass rush.

With Fairley gone, the Saints need a NT to pair next to Rankins that will make offenses pay for double teaming Rankins. My preference is Watkins of Clemson but this draft is deep with quality big uglies that can give us an upgrade on the inside.

Biggest need - a coach who:

1) knows how to manage the game as it unfolds
2) doesn't panic the second his new toy's batteries run out
3) doesn't cost points/game due to being an idiot (especially to a division rival)
4) can realize we have a stable of good running backs that will keep the defense on their toes and actually open up the passing game - not the other way around.

I think the MLB/OLB are much bigger needs than NT and even another legit CB is a higher need also.  Lattimore was doing as good as you could expect on Julio when they were running every play possible to keep give Jones even the slightest edge against Lattimore and it was still limited, but Crawley got straight up destroyed by Sanu, it wasn't even close and opened up a lot of the running game because we couldn't offer an additional safety in the box and even required Vacarro to play more coverage than he probably should've.

37 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

How is Brees going to look next year...the year after? We have to be grooming someone VERY soon. I like the depth of this draft at QB...you have to go that position if the right player is there. 

That's where I'm at. I don't think we have any glaring needs (We have positions we could upgrade) like in years past (CB, S, DE, etc.) I think this is actually the perfect year to find a QB in the 1st round. There should be several talented guys coming out this year, and we could hopefully find one to groom behind Brees the next couple years.

13 hours ago, Raves said:

I think the MLB/OLB are much bigger needs than NT and even another legit CB is a higher need also.  Lattimore was doing as good as you could expect on Julio when they were running every play possible to keep give Jones even the slightest edge against Lattimore and it was still limited, but Crawley got straight up destroyed by Sanu, it wasn't even close and opened up a lot of the running game because we couldn't offer an additional safety in the box and even required Vacarro to play more coverage than he probably should've.

We need to find the Best of both worlds...

Archived