Predict Packer 2023 season

mikebpackfan

Wins for 2023 Packers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. WINS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 08:05 PM

Brett Favre won the Super Bowl in his fifth year as starter.

Aaron Rodgers won it in his third year.

Continuing the trend, Jordan Love will win it in his first year. Anything less and LaFleur gets the boot.

• Like 2

You guys are even more optimistic than I had guessed.  

Listen to La Fleur, he doesn't even seem sure about this team. 

All first and second year pass catchers--there could be plenty of Love looking downfield helplessly while guys struggle to get open.  Our OL should keep us in games, but I just don't think it's enough.

40% of our DL are rookies, a position that almost never sees much production from 1st year guys.  And even beyond that, the middle of the D is weaker than ever.  It's nice we have lots of pass rushers, but it ain't gonna matter if we can't get to 3rd and med/long.  

Our K is emblematic of this entire team.  Gonna hit some long ones, but we all know he's gonna cost a game this year with a missed kick or two.  

This team is built to have success in 2024.  2023 is a complete gamble.  

I don't say all this to be a "****".  I'm perfectly OK moving on from Rodgers, just think you guys are setting yourselves up to be massively disappointed.

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

You guys are even more optimistic than I had guessed.  

Listen to La Fleur, he doesn't even seem sure about this team. 

All first and second year pass catchers--there could be plenty of Love looking downfield helplessly while guys struggle to get open.  Our OL should keep us in games, but I just don't think it's enough.

40% of our DL are rookies, a position that almost never sees much production from 1st year guys.  And even beyond that, the middle of the D is weaker than ever.  It's nice we have lots of pass rushers, but it ain't gonna matter if we can't get to 3rd and med/long.  

Our K is emblematic of this entire team.  Gonna hit some long ones, but we all know he's gonna cost a game this year with a missed kick or two.  

This team is built to have success in 2024.  2023 is a complete gamble.  

I don't say all this to be a "****".  I'm perfectly OK moving on from Rodgers, just think you guys are setting yourselves up to be massively disappointed.

This feels like a realistic take to me. I can’t figure how to see this team right now. I’d like to say they should be at least as good as last year assuming Love plays on par with the 2022 Rodgers performance (which realistically shouldn’t be that much of a stretch). 

However, I could just as easily see the team’s confidence get shaken early from a rough loss or two and having a hard time recovering. 

7 wins seems realistic and reasonable to me, more would be great and less wouldn’t be a shock. As long as they’re competitive in most games, I expect it to be a fun season. 

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

1 minute ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

…7 wins seems realistic and reasonable to me, more would be great and less wouldn’t be a shock. As long as they’re competitive in most games, I expect it to be a fun season. 

Mostly I’m with you except for the “fun” part. Packers fans are all, “We’re young. Expect some growing pains” right now, but they will be savaging each other with vile aspersions and indecent imprecations, tearing away at any irritating call for patience, and going full blown Ving Rhames on the front office, the coaching staff, the players, the trainers, and the little old ladies that sew on the nameplates the moment we lose our third game in a row. And I mean Pulp Fiction Ving Rhames, not Arby’s Ving Rhames.

• Like 3

The Packers had the 24th ranked defense in yards given up and 31st in point given up per game in 2008, Rodgers first year. Put another way, our defense was not good. 

Joe Barry is capable of doing the same, but the talent suggests otherwise. If we are top 15, we have a winning record. That should not be an unrealistic goal for this team. 

• Like 1

I'll go with 7-10.  Too many first and second year players in the passing game.  That's tough to overcome.  They'll have their share of great plays, great throws.  You'll also have the adventures of a rookie kicker.  

On defense,  I think the front 7 will generate a good pass rush.  My concern are the safeties and what you'll get there.

I expect some flash plays and sparks of potential throughout the season.  We'll score 13 points and spend the week talking about a great throw Love made in the 2nd quarter.  

Of course I'm hoping for great things.  Would love to see this offense explode and make MLF and Green Bay the talk of the NFL.  Pretty tough to do with rookies and 2nd year players and that's not factoring in injuries.

Edited by NFLGURU

Lots of interesting things to observe this season, number one being how Love does. But almost as interesting is to see how MLF does now that his Asst. HC is with the Jets. We'll finally get a chance to see MLF blossom. Or not. We'll finally get a chance to see how powerful his offensive system is. Or not. We'll finally get a chance to see how his game plans sparkle. Or not. Can't wait.