Predict Packer 2023 season

mikebpackfan

Wins for 2023 Packers  

58 members have voted

1. 1. WINS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2023 at 08:05 PM

I'm going to be optimistic and go with 10 wins. I know Love and this offense will be under the microscope, but I believe if Barry lets his defensive players actually play to their strengths we can win 10 and probably the division. I think even if we don't win the division we could still be a 7th seed. The NFC is that wide open IMO. 

Season long predictions:

Jordan Love plays his way to a big extension.

AJ Dillon plays his way out of an extension.

Tucker Kraft will look like a bust until week 10.

Josh Myers is the odd man out next offseason after another flat season.

Packers will still not feel like a WR1 is on the roster after the season.

• Like 1

Packers will still not feel like a WR1 is on the roster after the season.”

I’m especially fascinated by this take. I wonder quite a bit if Watson is going to be the major hopeful this season and yet have a major Sophomore slump. 

It’s hard to know how Rodgers clouded this hypothesis. Between how Watson totally disappeared after his big week one drop and then stormed back once he had the big Dallas game, one could easily think if he has an one or two bad games in a row that will quickly translate into the yips.

But like I said, a lot of that could be due to Rodgers.

My season long predictions 

Love shows franchise, upper echelon QB level potential. 

The offense as a whole also shows elite potential. 

The line is top 5

Watson proves to be an alpha

Musgrave is a difference making TE

The RB position is fine, but has a complete overhaul going into next year. 

Nobody questions MLF anymore and he’s considered a top offensive mind. 

I think the defense underperforms most of the year 

safeties are garbage 

Gary on a pitch count 

Young up front 

Preston probably regresses. 

Late in the year there’s reason for optimism as

guys like Gary/Stokes are fully back.

The young guys up front get more reps .

We’re very optimistic about the D going into 2024.

The pass rush looks to be very good.

Quay looks like a stud 

Joe Barry gone. 

W-L range is 6 to 11 wins , I’m going to say on the lower end and say 8 wins.

The team is just real young and a play or two here and there will cause some losses. 

Next year is our year. I love what this team is doing. 

16 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Packers will still not feel like a WR1 is on the roster after the season.”

I’m especially fascinated by this take. I wonder quite a bit if Watson is going to be the major hopeful this season and yet have a major Sophomore slump. 

It’s hard to know how Rodgers clouded this hypothesis. Between how Watson totally disappeared after his big week one drop and then stormed back once he had the big Dallas game, one could easily think if he has an one or two bad games in a row that will quickly translate into the yips.

But like I said, a lot of that could be due to Rodgers.

I dont think he'll be a #1.  I think he'll have a big impact on games, and is capable of having monster games, but I don't think he has the play in and play out consistency yet.  He'll likely be a high yardage guy, just not sure about the volume.  Great threat to have.

I'm thinking between the very young Wr's and Te's plus the Rb's, there may not be a true #1 wide receiver on this team right now.  Could very well be a group of #2's and 3's that evolve throughout the year and by next year could sort itself out.  All in all, it probably isn't a bad thing for Love to spread it around to the open guy.

26 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I'm thinking between the very young Wr's and Te's plus the Rb's, there may not be a true #1 wide receiver on this team right now.  Could very well be a group of #2's and 3's that evolve throughout the year and by next year could sort itself out.  All in all, it probably isn't a bad thing for Love to spread it around to the open guy.

Illusion of complexity will be the key this year.  Going to have to keep teams off balance, so they don't start finding the tendencies they can use against a young offense.  

On defense they just need to be allowed to play aggressively.  

Special teams needs to grow and grow quickly.  

I've got them for 9 wins, but not super confident in that prediction.  

On 8/31/2023 at 9:30 PM, pf9 said:

Brett Favre won the Super Bowl in his fifth year as starter.

Aaron Rodgers won it in his third year.

Continuing the trend, Jordan Love will win it in his first year. Anything less and LaFleur gets the boot.

This math means our next QB will win us a super bowl while still a sophomore in college

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 4:44 PM, Old Guy said:

Who are the dickheads predicting 7?

I've got them at 7-9 wins this year.  Remember, the first year of Aaron Rodgers' career as a starting QB the Packers went 6-10 as the starting QB of the Packers.  That Packers' roster had more proven talent at WR than this year's roster does.  Defensively, that team had both Charles Woodson and Nick Collins in the secondary.  They couldn't apply pressure since outside of Aaron Kampman's 9.5 sack, they had 17.5 sacks from the rest of the roster combined.