2023 College Football Thread

Norm

9 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Technically it will still be around next year, but will consist of just two teams.  So yeah, it's over.  

They are playing a schedule against some really weak conference next year. They are both Independents at this point.

Another thought I had, that's two this year. In an effort the make the bowl games relevant again make the new conference Championships the bowl games. 

Big Ten - Rose Bowl

SEC - Sugar Bowl

ACC - Orange Bowl

Big 12 - Cotton Bowl. 

45 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't understand people who are watching Texas run up the score on OKST when you could be watching a MAC championship thatś a 2 point game halfway through the 4th quarter.  It's like people don't even like football.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3567387/magicdog.gif

On 12/1/2023 at 7:35 AM, Mazrimiv said:

I want to see an Alabama win over Georgia while the other top teams all win just to see what the selection committee does.

On 12/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, Mazrimiv said:

There is no way an undefeated Florida State team would be excluded in favor of two 1 loss teams.  That is why I want to see what the committee would do.

You might get your wish if Alabama can hold on. 

20 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Florida St. May not have starting QB tonight.

Back up! Starting QB is out for the year. The back up is in concussion protocol. Probably won't be cleared. The sad part is he went out last week, they examined him and put him back in the game. 

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If Louisville wins the CFP's job is very easy:  Washington, Michigan, Texas, Alabama.

If FSU wins, the CFP will have to leave out one of: SEC champion 12-1 Alabama, Big-12 Champion 12-1 Texas who beat Alabama, or ACC Champion 13-0 FSU.

The Fox pregame for the Big 10 Championship all agree Florida State is out in that scenario. 

The reality is Alabama lost to Texas AT home by 10 points. They should not be in the playoffs. The SEC bias will screw Florida State, watch and see it unfold. 

I want Florida State to put it on Louisville big time.