2023 College Football Thread

Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

CFB is too unique in that the difference between like an undeafed Sun Belt team and a 4 win sec is probably nothing and the SEC team might even be favored. They don't all play on very equal footing. 

It's totally defensible. Your record isn't near as important as in the NFL? James Madison lost one game and is barely ranked and (I don't think is even bowl eligible lol. )

Then split it up to make it more feasible. Because it's stupid. 

It's stupid for James Madison. It's stupid for FSU. It's stupid for the viewers.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Every NFL team has a salary cap, a salary floor, an "equal" path towards acquiring players in the draft, and they play 17 other teams with the same qualifications. 

It's not the same man. IDK why this is hard for you?

It's not hard. 

It's easy. It's easy to see how stupid CFB postseason is.

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, incognito_man said:

It's stupid for James Madison. It's stupid for FSU. It's stupid for the viewers.

I'm not against this. Another division, but again, $$$$$. Teams will stay up without a title shot to generate more money. CFB is a weird sport in that for. So many teams it's not about winning the title every year and they're well ******* aware of this

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Right 

Gald we agree.

Everything else is irrelevant 

I mean the majority of the argument in here is how FSU should sue everyone and skip their bowl game. If your argument is as simple as the 4 game field sucks, yeah everyone said that the moment they created it with 4 teams.

Just now, Norm said:

I'm not against this. Another division, but again, $$$$$. Teams will stay up without a title shot to generate more money. CFB is a weird sport in that for. So many teams it's not about winning the title every year and they're well ******* aware of this

I know teams are aware of it. And that just makes it even more stupid that they still do it lol

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean the majority of the argument in here is how FSU should sue everyone and skip their bowl game. If your argument is as simple as the 4 game field sucks, yeah everyone said that the moment they created it with 4 teams.

I can't fathom the mental gymnastics necessary to simultaneously hold the opinions:

(1) The 4 team playoff sucks

(2) CFB doesn't suck

Edited by incognito_man

Just now, incognito_man said:

I know teams are aware of it. And that just makes it even more stupid that they still do it lol

I just fundamentally disagree. Not everything in the world is about reaching the absolute pinnacle. Ray said earlier too, individual games throughout the year can be awesome without including teams that can win it all. And if you create another division, you still didn't really win it all, you won the JV title. What's the difference? You're not the absolute best?

It's like winning the NIT or some ****

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You'd need like 13 divisions and someone to run them all. It goes this way all the way down to D3 (who does allow every conference winner into the playoffs). We were a 1 loss at large bid one year and we played an undefeated team from a conference in Minnesota and beat them like 56-10. Each of the 4 divisions only have like 25% of the schools in it that will ever be capable of winning a title. It's not a pro league, there are hundreds and hundreds of teams, can't be fair for all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I can't fathom the mental gymnastics necessary to simultaneously hold the opinions:

(1) The 4 team playoff sucks

(2) CFB doesn't suck

You only care about the absolute final outcome of a season obviously. I can enjoy a show for 8 seasons and hate the final episode.

They didn't even have a post season at all once upon a team and everyone just argued who the best was. i kinda wish they still did lol. That didn't mean the product was crap. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The last minute of the Packer game sucked Sunday, did the whole game suck?

I enjoy the individual games.

People think I'm nuts all the time watching two rando unranked teams battle. Or my local FCS schools.  CFB isn't the NFL nor is it trying to be. IDK why that's an issue unless you just want the NFL on Saturday lol

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You'd need like 13 divisions and someone to run them all. It goes this way all the way down to D3 (who does allow every conference winner into the playoffs). We were a 1 loss at large bid one year and we played an undefeated team from a conference in Minnesota and beat them like 56-10. Each of the 4 divisions only have like 25% of the schools in it that will ever be capable of winning a title. It's not a pro league, there are hundreds and hundreds of teams, can't be fair for all.

These are all just reasons why it's dumb?

I already know know them. But it's still dumb