2023 College Football Thread

Norm

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

People think I'm nuts all the time watching two rando unranked teams battle. Or my local FCS schools.  CFB isn't the NFL nor is it trying to be. IDK why that's an issue unless you just want the NFL on Saturday lol

When you say "be like the NFL" what you really mean is "be like literally every sport in the world"

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Conferences stopped making sense after air travel was invented anyways lol

It's just absurd that 75% of games mean next to nothing. Michigan has no business playing teams like UNLV for the majority of their schedule. They need to do something like a 5 tier system where teams have the ability to move up or down a tier depending on their year.

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Like every sport other than CFB?

Just listen to yourself lol

What? I admitted at some point it was unique. I can STILL enjoy everything else even if the playoff part is crap. IDK why that's so unfathomable..

I would still watch the NFL even if there was zero playoffs. Not everyone has to agree. But I still would.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

When you say "be like the NFL" what you really mean is "be like literally every sport in the world"

The 12 team will help. Other(college) sports get an advantage because you can play more often too. Football you can only play every week. And the disparity is just gigantic in CFB. That's just the reality. 

44 minutes ago, StatKing said:

It's just absurd that 75% of games mean next to nothing. Michigan has no business playing teams like UNLV for the majority of their schedule. They need to do something like a 5 tier system where teams have the ability to move up or down a tier depending on their year.

And they never will do that. There's no incentive other than helping people's sensibilities.

It's still the same. Undefeated small team still doesn't get to win the big one. They get the consolation title. Woohoo. 

It's just different.. It's like Americans not being to accept a game that ties. If you don't like it, it's not for you, and that's just fine. Doesn't mean everyone who likes it think it's perfect.

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Find one other sport/league where a member can win EVERY GAME on their schedule and still not get the chance to win the championship. 

If you do, you've found another stupid sport. 

Hedged just in case it's out there. Well played.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Wasn't aware that the entire FSU team is draft eligible!

Wasn't aware you weren't aware that if your top 10 players don't play you aren't the same team. Especially in light of the fact you were arguing Alabama should have gotten in because the FSU quarterback was hurt.