Eagles Sign Canadian Rugby Player Adam Zaruba to 3-year Contract

Phire

10 hours ago, Phire said:

Whenever we try to convert people from other sports, the hype always masks reality. I still think on a roster of 90 players it's worth taking like 1 person with prototype size and giving them a chance. I still look back to when we signed Jeremy Bloom :S

but Bloom was a downhill skiier! That vision and leg strength definitely translates over to being a good return man in the NFL.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Does he really count as an "undrafted guy" if he never entered the draft? At that point it's just like signing any other FA.

I don't think it matters. He's a first year player in the league, so he's considered a rookie and undrafted.

I think all rookies get multi year deals. All drafted players get 4 years (first rounders have a 5th yr option) and undrafted players get 3 years.

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think it matters. He's a first year player in the league, so he's considered a rookie and undrafted.

I think all rookies get multi year deals. All drafted players get 4 years (first rounders have a 5th yr option) and undrafted players get 3 years.

Fair enough. I doubt its any sort of burden on the cap if he doesn't work out. Just threw me for a second.

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Not really sure what the point of this guy is, since Billy Brown seems to already be pushing Burton for #3 TE. We really need 5 TE's? Maybe we're gonna cut Celek?

I heard this guy cant block for crap so doubt he moves celek anywhere 

On 8/3/2017 at 4:29 PM, Jeezla said:

Not really sure what the point of this guy is, since Billy Brown seems to already be pushing Burton for #3 TE. We really need 5 TE's? Maybe we're gonna cut Celek?

I don't think Brown is pushing Burton at all. 

He's competing for the Eagles to keep a 4th TE or a practice squad spot.

I think it will be the latter and he could make the 53 next year.

Archived