? Week 14: Lions (6-6) @ Buccaneers (4-8)

bucsfan333

7 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

I can't agree with this after seeing Kizer (who has been a turnover monster) and Goff (who looked completely inept last season).  I may sound like a broken record but this is more of an indictment on Mike Bajakien as these are areas that should be discussed between him and Dirk which would adjust the playbook accordingly. I will be interested if Tampa brings in a diciplinarian as well as a real QB coach. Not someone whose claim to fame was Dan LaFavore

Yeah but we've seen this before with other qbs. I hear how fans blame coaching. We change coaching and then the qb and staff go out the door again. 

I think many forget that winston also regressed his sophomore season at FSU. He may have the physical talent to tease a higher ceiling. But it's hard to break intangibles. It's not bajakian or koetters fault that he executes poorly and makes dumb decisions every week. You see it in hard knocks and you've seen it since he was a rookie. He's been coached and told to make smart decisions. He just doesn't get it. 

Wasn’t able to watch yesterday but I got the cliff notes. 

Question. Mike Evans is a complete beast and we just aren’t using him. What are everyone’s thoughts with what is going on? Dude is a top 5 WR and won’t hit 1000 yards receiving this year barring something crazy. Do we have too many weapons that we don’t know how to use people anymore? Is our offense so bad that we go 3 and out and Evans never has a chance to make a play cuz there are other guys getting too many looks? All of the above?

It just astonished me that Jameis still doesn’t force the ball to Evans. If there was ever a season to do so it would be this one. With DJax, OJ, Brate, Godwin, Evans is seeing less doubles and yet getting the ball less. Drives me crazy.

On ‎2017‎/‎12‎/‎11 at 4:30 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Wasn’t able to watch yesterday but I got the cliff notes. 

Question. Mike Evans is a complete beast and we just aren’t using him. What are everyone’s thoughts with what is going on? Dude is a top 5 WR and won’t hit 1000 yards receiving this year barring something crazy. Do we have too many weapons that we don’t know how to use people anymore? Is our offense so bad that we go 3 and out and Evans never has a chance to make a play cuz there are other guys getting too many looks? All of the above?

It just astonished me that Jameis still doesn’t force the ball to Evans. If there was ever a season to do so it would be this one. With DJax, OJ, Brate, Godwin, Evans is seeing less doubles and yet getting the ball less. Drives me crazy.

Teams are doubling Mike Evans most of the time. He isn't getting much 1 on 1 even with the weapons around him. Until we hurt teams with our other options consistently that safety will continue to cheat to #13 side. I think we ought to move him around though. Make it harder for defenses to double Mike but that's up to Koetter to figure out.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Teams are doubling Mike Evans most of the time. He isn't getting much 1 on 1 even with the weapons around him. Until we hurt teams with our other options consistently that safety will continue to cheat to #13 side. I think we ought to move him around though. Make it harder for defenses to double Mike but that's up to Koetter to figure out.

The Falcons and Steelers have figured it out. And they don't have the guys around Julio and AB that we do.

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Falcons and Steelers have figured it out. And they don't have the guys around Julio and AB that we do.

its not and excuse for not utilizing Evans better either way but I think both of those teams have pretty good weapons opposite side of both of them..  I would probably rather have Sanu than Desean IMO..   But yea either way they need to figure it out cuz Evans has been good just not utilized and moved around so he can be in more favorable matchups.   As for Brown Rothlisberger just throws it up to him a lot of times and the guy just comes up with ridiculous catches.  Brown is really really good at adjusting to the ball in the air and Evans not so much probably has a lot to do with his size though cuz hes not very agile and has problems adjusting from what i've seen.  No knock on Evans though he's good just not elite in this area like Brown is.   

Archived