GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Davon Glass House looking doubtful

Did Davon House not finish the game on Sunday? Same with Kevin King against Pittsburgh. I can remember multiple times the past few years, people finish games then miss the next game(s). How does this happen? Don't tell me "adrenaline" or any of that. The conservative nature of this training staff is absolutely sickening at times. Rant over. 

12 hours ago, Pugger said:
17 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

If we don't have House I can't wait to see Gordon's stat line

Of course Gordon needs a QB who can get him the ball...

No he doesn't.

In 2013 he had 1646 yards, 9 touchdows in 14 games with 3 different QBs - Jason Campbell for 8 games, Brandon Weeden for 3, and Brian Hoyer for 3. 

Disappointing about House. Can't depend on the guy at all. Perry banged up too, what else is new. If we don't have House to cover Gordon and don't have Perry to rush the passer, GB is going to struggle in this game, especially defensively. I'm calling this a 50/50 game right now assuming Hundley plays the way I expect him to play...which is not good. 

Going to be a windy day, which benefits us, Danny Shelton and Jabril Peppers haven't practiced all week. They're without Jamie Collins and Ogbah already. We should be able to run on these guys. Ideally you get 60-65 plays of offense, I wouldn't be upset if you got Williams and Jones 15 carries each and Hundley 10 carries out of the RO. Limit him to 20 or fewer passes.

Defensively, I like our chances with Kenny Clark and Dial healthy now. Stop the run and force them to throw, sure Gordon and Njoku might beat us for a few, but Kizer is going to give us some the more we make him throw.

At this point Morgan Burnett is a CB. Hell he's a CB for the rest of the year IMO, Jones and HHCD are the safeties. Randall is probably outside for the rest of the year, and Corey Coleman is a good matchup for him. Josh Hawkins is fine against whatever they trot out at #3. No idea what we'll do with Gordon though, that's a bad matchup for everyone. I would give him to Morgan, least he won't get pushed around.

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Davon Glass House looking doubtful

This act is getting old, since the 70's I haven't been more down on this team and organization. Injuries;  GM; organization not taking more of a stance on kneeling for anthem; our defense (not even solely blaming Capers); crappy Gold package schedule this year that I got; Aaron and his Libtard ways; special teams; backup QB being horrible; two more guys going to get suspended for marijuana; poor draft again that is really putting this team in a poor future position. Even in the 80's when they weren't necessarily getting into the playoffs I loved watching them every Sunday no matter what. I'm sure many of you don't agree with my thoughts, I'm just sharing why I'm losing interest in this team. I hope I break out of it. Maybe I just need the season to end, I don't think we have a snowball's chance to make the playoffs and do anything. And I'm more than fine with this at this point and time. And honestly I'll watch the game because that's what I do, but I don't watch with the same fire in my belly since the 70's. And yet I still think Mike McCarthy is the right guy for this team if he can allow himself to make changes around him. 

4 hours ago, cooters22 said:

This act is getting old, since the 70's I haven't been more down on this team and organization. Injuries;  GM; organization not taking more of a stance on kneeling for anthem; our defense (not even solely blaming Capers); crappy Gold package schedule this year that I got; Aaron and his Libtard ways; special teams; backup QB being horrible; two more guys going to get suspended for marijuana; poor draft again that is really putting this team in a poor future position. Even in the 80's when they weren't necessarily getting into the playoffs I loved watching them every Sunday no matter what. I'm sure many of you don't agree with my thoughts, I'm just sharing why I'm losing interest in this team. I hope I break out of it. Maybe I just need the season to end, I don't think we have a snowball's chance to make the playoffs and do anything. And I'm more than fine with this at this point and time. And honestly I'll watch the game because that's what I do, but I don't watch with the same fire in my belly since the 70's. And yet I still think Mike McCarthy is the right guy for this team if he can allow himself to make changes around him. 

We get it, you're old and you think everything was better back when you weren't old. It's understandable, getting old sucks. But it's not the Packers fault.

If GB comes out of this weekend at 7-6, I'll cut MM some slack for how this team coped without Rodgers.  It will be tough to watch GB hand CLE their sole win of the season if that's how things play out. With the injuries starting to mount again for GB, CLE fans have to be looking at this weekend as their best shot at a win.

I say GB finds a way...

GB 24 - CLE 21

I don't think even the most optimistic GB fan would have expected wins vs MIN, NO or PIT, and it ended up being a very near miss with the Steelers.  The DET and BAL games were the big disappointments to me. The team should have been more competitive in those games,  but the win vs  CHI takes some of the sting out of that.  All things considered, going 3-5 in 8 games with Hundley is probably about as good as it was going to get.

Archived