GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We get it, you're old and you think everything was better back when you weren't old. It's understandable, getting old sucks. But it's not the Packers fault.

I'm 45 years old, I guess a young punk may think that's old, but I wouldn't consider myself old. Thanks for taking my message and adding nothing. My message was meant to show how bad things have fallen and I know plenty of NFL and Packer fans in general that just don't enjoy the game/games/season/team as much. The kneeling was some of it; Hundley's play was part of it. Up til this year my buds and I always got together for games and not just Packer games. Now it seems like interest in general has fallen. 

1 hour ago, cooters22 said:

I'm 45 years old, I guess a young punk may think that's old, but I wouldn't consider myself old. Thanks for taking my message and adding nothing. My message was meant to show how bad things have fallen and I know plenty of NFL and Packer fans in general that just don't enjoy the game/games/season/team as much. The kneeling was some of it; Hundley's play was part of it. Up til this year my buds and I always got together for games and not just Packer games. Now it seems like interest in general has fallen. 

Quit watching .. nobody is forcing you.  You sound a like a mix of a spoiled fan, and a person who let the b.s. politics surrounding the player protests get to you.  The Packers in general put out one of the better products in the NFL .. they make the playoffs nearly every season.  Sure, we'd all like to have another ring or two, but by and large the Packers are a highly successful organization.  Rodgers being hurt affected this season,  but he'll be back.  If you don't enjoy the NFL any longer then just move on .. life is too short to waste your time on stuff that doesn't hold your interest.

3 hours ago, cooters22 said:

God forbid NFL players have a chance to exercise their right to free speech.

No-one is stopping you from peddling this trash on the internet. What gives you the right to stop them?

2 hours ago, Acrid Josher said:

At least Dhalism was good from range.

Dhalsm was so old and slow.  It feels like he didn't belong in the game, like he was a leftover or he was in because of something he did when in the past.  Maybe he won a tournament once when he had better people around him, but now he can't adjust to today;s game and constantly leaves the middle open for attacks.  He also can't generate any pressure on the opponent.  My opinion M. Bison was carrying him making him look good.  FIRE DHALSM!

18 hours ago, cooters22 said:

This act is getting old, since the 70's I haven't been more down on this team and organization. Injuries;  GM; organization not taking more of a stance on kneeling for anthem; our defense (not even solely blaming Capers); crappy Gold package schedule this year that I got; Aaron and his Libtard ways; special teams; backup QB being horrible; two more guys going to get suspended for marijuana; poor draft again that is really putting this team in a poor future position. Even in the 80's when they weren't necessarily getting into the playoffs I loved watching them every Sunday no matter what. I'm sure many of you don't agree with my thoughts, I'm just sharing why I'm losing interest in this team. I hope I break out of it. Maybe I just need the season to end, I don't think we have a snowball's chance to make the playoffs and do anything. And I'm more than fine with this at this point and time. And honestly I'll watch the game because that's what I do, but I don't watch with the same fire in my belly since the 70's. And yet I still think Mike McCarthy is the right guy for this team if he can allow himself to make changes around him. 

Hang in there. A bad combo of things within and without the organization for you this year. And in general it's easier on the feelings to have no expectations, and hope for (or get) improvement. Much tougher when the team takes a step back. 

Arod's injury has been just one of many gut punches. Each time I've gotten excited about a group, injuries have wrecked it, at least for a while. Oline, Aaron Jones, Kevin King, Nick Perry, CMIII... I know many years have been worse injury-wise, but it's felt worse since this you can't afford that without Arod. 

What I HAVE liked, is how the team has not stopped fighting. I like rooting for underdogs and against odds. It's a year when the team has actually needed support, and has gotten it despite all the adversity and political shenanigans. 

8 hours ago, cooters22 said:

45?  Yes, you're just a kid.  This year without AR sucks but at least we all know this situation is temporary.  Aaron will be back in 2018 and along with our other injured players we'll again be contender.  I'm 63.  I endured the 70s and 80s when the Packers were truly dreadful.  Getting even a WC spot back then was a pipe dream.  Between 1968 and 1992 we appeared in the playoffs a grand total of 2 times.   These times are nothing like those years.

7 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

So wait... You're 45 yet you haven't been this down on the team since the 70s? That would make you a very cranky 6 or 7 year old. I'm not buying it. 

I am 35, and I remember the 80s pretty well.  The Packers were pretty bad.  I absolutely believe that he remembers the 70s.

Also, can St. Louis borrow that Cleveland video?

23 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Quit watching .. nobody is forcing you.  You sound a like a mix of a spoiled fan, and a person who let the b.s. politics surrounding the player protests get to you.  The Packers in general put out one of the better products in the NFL .. they make the playoffs nearly every season.  Sure, we'd all like to have another ring or two, but by and large the Packers are a highly successful organization.  Rodgers being hurt affected this season,  but he'll be back.  If you don't enjoy the NFL any longer then just move on .. life is too short to waste your time on stuff that doesn't hold your interest.

I love cooters but if he can inject right wing politics into anything, he will. It's probably Obama's fault we suck.

Archived