GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

Just now, cannondale said:

I would have left him in the middle. He gets routed 10 yards past the QB far too often for my liking

He isn't anything better than average as an inside backer either. Bringing him back on his current salary for another season would be a crime. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

This isn't a talented defense. Despite all the capital invested in it, we probably need to invest another draft's worth of top picks to see any kind of serious improvement on a year to year basis. 

there's talent that isn't healthy too. Badly need at least 1 more edge guy that can stay healthy, however.

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

This isn't a talented defense. Despite all the capital invested in it, we probably need to invest another draft's worth of top picks to see any kind of serious improvement on a year to year basis. 

The same was said when Hayward and Hyde were here. They looked good but not good enough to retain (and almost no one complained when they left), now they're shining in a different defense. How many potential Hayward/Hydes do we have on this roster right now?

Just now, cannondale said:

I would have left him in the middle. He gets routed 10 yards past the QB far too often for my liking

I'd love him in the middle next year or for us to be a 4-3 team next year.  My point is that he still has talent, and anybody who says otherwise is delusional and expects 16 sacks a year.  That happens once in a decade.  He's not Lawrence Taylor, and that upsets people, so they say he sucks. 

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

The same was said when Hayward and Hyde were here. They looked good but not good enough to retain (and almost no one complained when they left), now they're shining in a different defense. How many potential Hayward/Hydes do we have on this roster right now?

I've wondered the same thing. Doesn't look like we'll ever find out

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Clay has a role on this team next year, it's as the 4th OLB brought in exclusively for pass rushing situations to rush up the middle.

How does a 31 year old linebacker get 7.5 sacks in a year if he sucks as badly as you say he does? 

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

Randall is a guy who, if healthy for stretch of his career, will continue to make strides. He's probably the only guy right now that has any similarity to either Hayward or Hyde. No one else is really playing out of position otherwise.

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

First of all Hyde is playing a completely different position. Is he a better safety then Burnett or Ha-Ha. I don't know what's going on with Ha-Ha but the answer is no.

So if you want to pay that much for a third safety then OK.

Archived