GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

You're saying that all 7.5 of his sacks this year have come from him being the guy who was schemed open in pass rushing situations?  Prove it and I'll accept it.  Otherwise, I don't believe it. 

He also has big games against bad OL's  - like the rest of our 'playmakers'

2 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

First of all Hyde is playing a completely different position. Is he a better safety then Burnett or Ha-Ha. I don't know what's going on with Ha-Ha but the answer is no.

So if you want to pay that much for a third safety then OK.

Where did I say anything about paying? I'm not complaining that they left - again, it was pretty much agreed by everyone that it was the best move. I'm complaining that they are good players that didn't look that great here, possibly due to the defensive scheme. I distinctly remember the general feeling about our secondary before Hayward left was that we had a bunch of good players but no difference makers other than Shields. Now 2 of those players are turning out to be difference makers in a different team. Maybe the reason we feel like we have no talent on defense is that said talent is too restrained or confused and thus is not able to shine?

Again, I feel like I say this every other post, but I'm not a football savvy guy by any means. I'm just trying to apply common sense to the facts I've got but I could evidently be way off.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're saying that all 7.5 of his sacks this year have come from him being the guy who was schemed open in pass rushing situations?  Prove it and I'll accept it.  Otherwise, I don't believe it. 

Just use your eyes man.

He is not an every down pass rusher anymore.

I'm not saying get rid of him, but we need more options

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

Now 2 of those players are turning out to be difference makers in a different team. Maybe the reason we feel like we have no talent on defense is that said talent is too restrained or confused and thus is not able to shine?

They have competent DCs.  We don’t.  

I don't understand how an offensive coaching staff insists that quick throws or  Pitches to cobb on the outside, PA bootlegs to Kendricks, and screens to cobb... all plays we are yet to execute successfully... are more effective than zone read with Williams/Jones.

This team has the fewest explosive plays with Hundley under center, and we don't call our best run and best play even at the same rate as other runs, let alone as our signature/foundational play.

60% of the offense should come off of a shotgun/pistol action with a zone read like mesh point between Hundo and the back.

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

Just use your eyes man.

He is not an every down pass rusher anymore.

I'm not saying get rid of him, but we need more options

I've never said he's an every down pass rusher, but he's clearly one of the most talented players on our team and people act like he can't play special teams anymore when that's clearly not the case.  I have used my eyes, and I've seen him make more plays for us this year than almost anybody else we have.  The complaints about him are stupid considering what else we have as pass rushers. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I don't understand how an offensive coaching staff insists that quick throws or  Pitches to cobb on the outside, PA bootlegs to Kendricks, and screens to cobb... all plays we are yet to execute successfully... are more effective than zone read with Williams/Jones.

This team has the fewest explosive plays with Hundley under center, and we don't call our best run and best play even at the same rate as other runs, let alone as our signature/foundational play.

60% of the offense should come off of a shotgun/pistol action with a zone read like mesh point between Hundo and the back.

gotta save something for the playoffs.

Archived