GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

And yeah, I really get sick and tired of people saying we have no talent and also complaining about Capers.  You can't have it both ways.

I refuse to believe our defense is talentless.  It's not.  How many times you see guys throwing their hands up like somebody did something wrong on this defense?

Over half of our starters have turned in pro bowl or all-pro seasons.  When you have amazing individual performances but a CRAP defense, who do you look at?

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I've never said he's an every down pass rusher, but he's clearly one of the most talented players on our team and people act like he can't play special teams anymore when that's clearly not the case.  I have used my eyes, and I've seen him make more plays for us this year than almost anybody else we have.  The complaints about him are stupid considering what else we have as pass rushers. 

Exactly though. That's the problem with the defense. When a clearly slowed down, basically average to above average pass rusher is your best player, there is a problem that goes much deeper then Dom

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're saying that all 7.5 of his sacks this year have come from him being the guy who was schemed open in pass rushing situations?  Prove it and I'll accept it.  Otherwise, I don't believe it. 

I'm not going to pretend to remember the sacks against the Falcons or the Bears earlier this year. But I know against the Bucs he had one sack from beating a Tackle (Backup RT Caleb Beneoch) and that's the only one in his most recent string of sacks (Ravens to Browns)

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

And yeah, I really get sick and tired of people saying we have no talent and also complaining about Capers.  You can't have it both ways.

I refuse to believe our defense is talentless.  It's not.  How many times you see guys throwing their hands up like somebody did something wrong on this defense?

Over half of our starters have turned in pro bowl or all-pro seasons.  When you have amazing individual performances but a CRAP defense, who do you look at?

our defense this year has been fairly talentless.

did we even play a single quarter with all our preferred starters on that side?

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

The abysmal pass rush falls squarely on Thompson's shoulders. Simply didn't do enough there

well, 3 pass rushers have been injured most/much of the year too (Perry, Brooks, Biegel).

I would have liked more done too because it's such a valuable position and the obvious place to point here is Watt over King. I suspect if Shields hadn't has his career cut short we would have Watt in GB. :(

Just now, incognito_man said:

our defense this year has been fairly talentless.

did we even play a single quarter with all our preferred starters on that side?

Get over your preferred starters nonsense.  Seriously, all due respect and everything, but we have a SINGLE "preferred starter" on IR this year.  Find me a team in the NFL with a better injury situation than our defense. 

"preferred starters"

House, Randall, King, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Daniels, Clark, Matthews, Perry, Martinez, Ryan.

ONE SINGLE PLAYER ON IR, and that was this week.  One player missing today. 

Preferred starters.  Pffffffffff.

The Seahawks have lost an ELITE cornerback, and ELITE safety, another CB and Cliff Avril.  We have the best health in the NFL arguably on defense. 

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's fair to question the coaching on the defensive side and I would have fired Capers years ago, but you also have to browse the drafts the past 4 years and ask yourself if they have been good enough

I would have sacked him after those 49er playoff loses, probably the second one when he had already seen what they run and still had no answers.

Archived