GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

Just now, squire12 said:

@SpeightTheVillain

Any further thoughts on Spriggs?  How did he look in pass pro?   Running game, getting to second level etc.  

Really hoping these extended reps will be a spring board for 2018 and a possible starting RT spot in place of Bulaga

Honestly no major problems in pass pro but a lot of miscommunication in the run game, and overall just a tough game for the guys up front in general in the run game. Watching it live, I though that Jahri was having a rough game, but Linsley was being destroyed and a couple of plays it seemed like Spriggs had no idea what he was doing. Guys an athlete though, and as of right now is a much better player in Pass Pro then the run game. I have no problem keeping Bulaga until 2020 barring some major decline. Their contracts both end at the end of 2019 so that would be the time to make a move. He definitely has a future though. If he can cut down on the mental errors and get a little stronger, definitely RT of the future. I actually wouldn't be opposed to moving Bulaga to guard depending on how the Jahri situation plays out. Spriggs has a future. 

35 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

_ Josh Jones

He simply doesn't have the feel to play in the deep half. Plays decently in the run game but am not at all comfortable with him playing in the deep half. Over pursuing routes constantly. Should get better with more experience, and decent in the run game fills.

Our secondary is a mess.

Nice write up, thx for posting it

On the old FF site, one of the concerns expressed was the worry over giving Jones too much too soon. He's had to learn SS, FS, ILB and ST's. It wasn't supposed to be that way in year one, but GB lost Hyde to FA and then sustained injuries to Brice, Burnett, Rollins and Joe Thomas. That forced Jones into a lot of snaps on defense and STs early in his first season. Not an easy task in this defense

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Nice write up, thx for posting it

On the old FF site, one of the concerns expressed was the worry over giving Jones too much too soon. He's had to learn SS, FS, ILB and ST's. It wasn't supposed to be that way in year one, but GB lost Hyde to FA and then sustained injuries to Brice, Burnett, Rollins and Joe Thomas. That forced Jones into a lot of snaps on defense and STs early in his first season. Not an easy task in this defense

Yeah no doubt. Not to mention the loss of basically every corner but Randall. This is forcing Burnett to play the slot, and forcing Jones in the deep half. He has all the tools, just as of this moment he is not seeing it. No telling where he will be in a years time. 

I also now just watched the Panthers-Vikings all 22s. 

I think the Vikings D is highly overrated when it comes to teams that can hurt them in both ways. I think the Panthers are by far the biggest threat left.

With the Running game we have established, good luck playing two shell all game once Rodgers comes back, Jamal and or Aaron Jones are gonna eat them alive. 

And the minute they bring someone up in the box they are toast with Davante & Jordy. Sure Xavier will take away one, but not both.

If we beat Carolina, playoffs comin'....obviously assuming A-rod is good to go. 

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

@SpeightTheVillain

Any further thoughts on Spriggs?  How did he look in pass pro?   Running game, getting to second level etc.  

Really hoping these extended reps will be a spring board for 2018 and a possible starting RT spot in place of Bulaga

It's good to see that Spriggs is settling in after a few starts ... he looked like garbage up until the past few weeks.  Now we can hopes again of having another potential starting quality player on that line.

13 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I also, also, just watched the condensed Dallas-Packers game this season, and I forgot how good Aaron is.

We can literally win any game....ever. Dude is ridiculous. 

I agree, except for NO and ATL, I still say we cannot beat those teams because their defenses are good "enough" at home to hold us in check but Brees and Ryan will score literally at will on our defense I mean Brees has records against GB. That's why I'd LOVE to see ATL not make the playoffs at all. Ideally, I'd like something along the lines of: 

1. Philly

2. Minn

3. LA

4. NO

5. Car

6. GB

The only team out of that lineup that scares me to death is NO so avoid them, take our chances against Goff and then get either Foles or Keenum or hopefully "both" over the next two rounds. 

Archived