Week #1 General Discussion - We back baby!

RaidersAreOne

Fall is my favourite season. Weather gets cooler but not too cold, leaves start to change colours & most importantly FOOTBALL IS BACK!! 

Gets depressing from November onwards with winter weather & less sunlight, but at least the NFL is there on Monday Thursday & Sunday

Can't wait to be a vegetable on Sundays for the next 5 months lol

Looking at Sunday, besides the 49ers-Steelers, also looking forward to Panthers-Falcons, Bengals-Browns & Packers-Bears 

• Like 3

I say it every year but week 1 is always weird (see 49ers/Bears last year, Packers/Saints; Cardinals/Titans from a couple of years ago).

Some key injuries already to start the season. Terron Armstead, multiple Cowboys linemen, Darren Waller, Packers WRs have already been ruled out or are questionable for week 1.

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I say it every year but week 1 is always weird (see 49ers/Bears last year, Packers/Saints; Cardinals/Titans from a couple of years ago).

Some key injuries already to start the season. Terron Armstead, multiple Cowboys linemen, Darren Waller, Packers WRs have already been ruled out or are questionable for week 1.

The fact that the starters are not playing or almost not in preseason, this is one of the big reasons why we have a lot of unpredictable results in week 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-kyle-shanahan-once-tried-to-trade-no-3-overall-pick-for-kirk-cousins-says-father-mike/

Intriguing Elseworlds narrative. From the 49ers perspective they're basically trading Soloman Thomas for Kirk Cousins. 49ers probably don't land Bosa then, which now as a fan is a reality I wouldn't have wanted to happen. Maybe the braintrust could have snatched Maxx Crosby down the line though instead. 

Even as spiteful as Dan Snyder seems to have been according to his rep over the years, it would be an all-time doofus move not to even return a phone call about that kind of deal with Cousins on his second franchise tag. And they clearly weren't going to extend him. They caved in on Trent Williams though, so I don't know how sensationalist Mike is being here. Perhaps on that particular situation they were just willing to talk with Kyle/John about it. 

Anyway, maybe Cousins puts the franchise over the top. Maybe they're essentially ringless regardless. Cousins would have probably at the very least not missed as many games as Jimmy G did the last handful of seasons. Always liked Cousins, so this will probably be one of my all-time guilty curiosities. That being said, if Glock13 falls flat on his face, Cousins is probably the 49ers triggerman in 2024. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

It seems like every year since the 2015 Broncos there is a defense that some people like to argue is “all time” or at least “all time” potential and then they embarrass themselves in January  when it really matters. 

I wonder what will be the defense this year 

Edited by CP3MVP