Week #1 General Discussion - We back baby!

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Road teams have won 9 of the 14 games this week.

This is what what home field is worth has gone down rapidly the last few years. Used to be home field was worth three points automatically with lines. 

Probably closer to 1-1.5 now. Home field isnt that big of a deal anymore

McDaniel laughed off when asked if it was Staley's gameplan last year, and replied it was Reynaldo Hill's.

Everyone thought he was tripping, but today we just gave up almost 500yards to Tua, on the exact same thing we managed to shutdown last year.

Guess it wasn't Staley's gameplan all along.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Damn Chargers Defense is bad.

No they aren’t. They have plenty of talent. The coaching is a pile. Follow the New England model and at least try to account for a teams top threat. Chargers last year decided to let Kelce run around undefended for 3 TDs and this year forgot Tyreek Hill was still in the league. 

I had no confidence that the Rams would even be competitive against the Seahawks today, simply because I didn't know what to expect but naturally feared the worse. Seahawks, I expected, to be a nailed on play-off team who I thought would have a little too much for us. In the first half, it kind of played out as I expected. The defense were flying about and showed high energy, but also low IQ in certain situations. They were quickly ironed out for the second half. 

The offense, we didn't know how the OL would look as it was awful last season or the receivers who struggled last season in Kupp's absence. Run game was leaned on early doors but Stafford looked as good as he did in the Super Bowl year and was able to get a tune out of Tutu Atwell and the extraordinary talent of Puka Nacua - who is absolutely a Cooper Kupp 2.0 so they seemed to have a quick understanding and connection. I think the way the team bounced back after the criminal Van Jefferson drop showed a lot of character and gave a lot of these young lads confidence. 

Seahawks really struggled with the Rams intensity and some toys were thrown out the pram. DK Metcalf (shock) and Reed just lost their heads at key times and ill-discipline led to costly penalties. 

I think this team is still developmental, I can see a lot of frustrating moments in the future, but the front office needs a lot of credit for finding so many young players who are able to offer something right away. Puka Nacua, in particular, had a couple of drops but wow - the talent jumps right off the screen. I'm excited to see how we develops as the season progresses! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t know how Charger fans mentally deal with the crap they experience.

They have actual great players but routinely trip over themselves.

Our ownership has stated on multiple times they want to be a playoff caliber team. While other organizations strive for a championship Chargers are happy enough just making sure the bottom line is profitable and Spanos family members have Cush NFL executive jobs with huge salaries… it’s a joke. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

I had no confidence that the Rams would even be competitive against the Seahawks today, simply because I didn't know what to expect but naturally feared the worse. Seahawks, I expected, to be a nailed on play-off team who I thought would have a little too much for us. In the first half, it kind of played out as I expected. The defense were flying about and showed high energy, but also low IQ in certain situations. They were quickly ironed out for the second half. 

The offense, we didn't know how the OL would look as it was awful last season or the receivers who struggled last season in Kupp's absence. Run game was leaned on early doors but Stafford looked as good as he did in the Super Bowl year and was able to get a tune out of Tutu Atwell and the extraordinary talent of Puka Nacua - who is absolutely a Cooper Kupp 2.0 so they seemed to have a quick understanding and connection. I think the way the team bounced back after the criminal Van Jefferson drop showed a lot of character and gave a lot of these young lads confidence. 

Seahawks really struggled with the Rams intensity and some toys were thrown out the pram. DK Metcalf (shock) and Reed just lost their heads at key times and ill-discipline led to costly penalties. 

I think this team is still developmental, I can see a lot of frustrating moments in the future, but the front office needs a lot of credit for finding so many young players who are able to offer something right away. Puka Nacua, in particular, had a couple of drops but wow - the talent jumps right off the screen. I'm excited to see how we develops as the season progresses! 

I hope Nacua can stay healthy. He is a very physical and effective player after the catch.