Week #1 General Discussion - We back baby!

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Puzzling considering Tua had one of his worst games vs Chargers last year. No JC that game. No Derwin either!

Chargers took away middle of field that game, not sure exactly what all they did but clearly a lot of press to mess up the timing and zone to contain speed. Seemed they still went with a lot of press yesterday but played way too much man. Amount of times they left Hill in single man coverage was just asking to get burnt. What was biggest issue you saw?

Tua did play one of better games I’ve seen, just got better and better as game went on and capped it off with 2 3rd down DIMES to Hill on the GW drive. I forgot just how ridiculous his ball placement can be. There was no defense for some of those throws. Of course that’s why you need to make him uncomfortable.

https://x.com/arjunmenon100/status/1701280415162433773?s=20

Completely different gameplan.

Another issue, just looking at the all 22, was how deep the safeties were playing. That's why those deep ins where always open, on many plays the safety was >20yards off the play.

It's basically playing defense with 9 or 10 guys, when safeties go that deep constantly.

Edited by kramxel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

If wasn't just his footwork, it was his throwing mechanics. He was dropping his elbow, which elongates his release and is less repeatable. He looked terrible. Really disappointed in him. It seems correctable, but he was the opposite of sharp in week 1. Idk what his deal is. 

I would love to say it's just week 1 rust type of stuff, but he's been doing this same sloppy stuff since 2020, so at this point I'm inclined to just say he is who he is - sloppy mechanics and lazy footwork when he starts to feel pressured.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would love to say it's just week 1 rust type of stuff, but he's been doing this same sloppy stuff since 2020, so at this point I'm inclined to just say he is who he is - sloppy mechanics and lazy footwork when he starts to feel pressured.

Serious non trolling question that sounds like trolling:

Why do you guys have the worst training staff in the league and have so many dudes get hurt and lost for the season all the time?

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Serious non trolling question that sounds like trolling:

Why do you guys have the worst training staff in the league and have so many dudes get hurt and lost for the season all the time?

We actually just fired our S&C coach this off-season and revamped our training staff with the goal of injury prevention, and, well....yeah...

I have no idea. It's something Harbaugh and the staff are asked about every single year and they never have a good answer for it.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We actually just fired our S&C coach this off-season and revamped our training staff with the goal of injury prevention, and, well....yeah...

I have no idea. It's something Harbaugh and the staff are asked about every single year and they never have a good answer for it.

Dobbins and Marcus Williams already? All jokes aside I understand the quarterback ones because of all the running, but the constant turnover in the RB, secondary, and OL?

I don’t get it.

Didn’t get a chance to watch yet - what happened with the Dolphins defense? I know they played a high powered offense and didn’t have Ramsey - but I was expecting some leap years from some of their younger guys. They still have Howard and Fangio (not ideal scheme fit?).