Week 2 Prospect Talk

rackcs

Here we go, week 2 is here. Some interesting matchups this week as we continue tracking week one risers and fallers.

The big matchup this week is definitely Texas @ Alabama. We'll get to see a number of Alabama defenders take on a P5 offense with some weapons. I'm particularly interested in seeing Kool-Aid McKinstry against these talented Texas receivers. I also want to see how Ewers rebounds after a dissapointing week 1 and see how he does against a legit defense. 

I'm also interested to see if Colorado and in particular Shedeur Sanders can prove that week 1 wasn't a flash in the pan. He looked incredible against TCU so let's see if he can keep up that level of play. Nebraska probably isn't much of a true test but it'll be nice to see if they can keep up the level of play they had last week.

Who else are you interested in seeing this weekend?

Ole Miss-Tulane:

I don't think Ole Miss wins this against Tulane's starting QB.  But the DL for Tulane stood out, particularly Darius Hodges.  Dude's a little small at 6'1" 280, but he was making plays all over Ole Miss's line.  But Tulane looks like they have a legitimately deep and talented defensive front.  I could see there being a couple of draftable guys there.  Patrick Jenkins was also noticeable.

On offense, the biggest star was Tulane's freshman RB, Makhi Hughes.  But also, Jha'Quan Jackson flashed some talent IMO.  When Pratt's back, I could see him looking like a real NFL talent.

Texas-Bama:

The DL-OL matchup was back and forth all night, and probably a result of both being really talented in the trenches.  Christian Watson was the most consistent looking OL to me the whole night.  JC Latham was solid as well.

On DL, Byron Murphy stole the show.  Dude looks like the real deal, and might end up the top DL in this class when it's all said and done.

The Texas DBs I didn't pay as much attention to as I should, but I came away from this game bearish on Kool-Aid McKinstry.  Dude is uber talented, and gives a big cushion to receivers because he knows he can close the gap, but he got bodied a few times by some of Texas's receivers, and lost on quite a few 50/50 balls.  Stock down.
Malachi Moore on the other hand looked like a legit stud safety to me.

Texas's WRs I'm not sure on.  Worthy dropped a lot of passes, but otherwise seemed to be the guy.  Adonai Mitchell got the most yards.  The TE Sanders was I think the most impressive weapon.

And lastly, Bama's RB Jase McClellan didn't have a big night, but with how powerful he ran, and how many tackles he shook off, I think that's gonna be an aberration.  Kept them in the game IMO.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, Daniel said:

Texas's WRs I'm not sure on.  Worthy dropped a lot of passes, but otherwise seemed to be the guy. 

That's always been the case with him.  He's probably the best vertical threat in the draft, but the hands are iffy.

On 9/10/2023 at 11:54 AM, Daniel said:

Ole Miss-Tulane:

I don't think Ole Miss wins this against Tulane's starting QB.  But the DL for Tulane stood out, particularly Darius Hodges.  Dude's a little small at 6'1" 280, but he was making plays all over Ole Miss's line.  But Tulane looks like they have a legitimately deep and talented defensive front.  I could see there being a couple of draftable guys there.  Patrick Jenkins was also noticeable.

On offense, the biggest star was Tulane's freshman RB, Makhi Hughes.  But also, Jha'Quan Jackson flashed some talent IMO.  When Pratt's back, I could see him looking like a real NFL talent.

Texas-Bama:

The DL-OL matchup was back and forth all night, and probably a result of both being really talented in the trenches.  Christian Watson was the most consistent looking OL to me the whole night.  JC Latham was solid as well.

On DL, Byron Murphy stole the show.  Dude looks like the real deal, and might end up the top DL in this class when it's all said and done.

The Texas DBs I didn't pay as much attention to as I should, but I came away from this game bearish on Kool-Aid McKinstry.  Dude is uber talented, and gives a big cushion to receivers because he knows he can close the gap, but he got bodied a few times by some of Texas's receivers, and lost on quite a few 50/50 balls.  Stock down.
Malachi Moore on the other hand looked like a legit stud safety to me.

Texas's WRs I'm not sure on.  Worthy dropped a lot of passes, but otherwise seemed to be the guy.  Adonai Mitchell got the most yards.  The TE Sanders was I think the most impressive weapon.

And lastly, Bama's RB Jase McClellan didn't have a big night, but with how powerful he ran, and how many tackles he shook off, I think that's gonna be an aberration.  Kept them in the game IMO.

Worthy is going to be drafted highly, but he's a high risk prospect. Dude doesn't have good hands.