Week 1 GDT: MNF Bills @ Jets

NJC33

44 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I cannot believe this game man. 

Great team win outstanding defensive. I don't want to take anything away from this win. But our  O line can't run block the can't pass block. all game  they were all over Willson. This O line has shown no sign of improvement at all.

Just a side note :   Tomorrow could be the worst day in Jet history if the news on Rodgers is as bad as some of the people are saying. It wlli match the preseason game when Joe Namath was knock out fpr the entire season by a cheap shot by a Lion linebacker.

48 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I warned y'all about Brown. He's 38and coming off injuries.  It's almost unrealistic for him to perform at a high level. Great for depth and mentoring,  but no way should be counted on as a starting LT. 

Were they practicing those cut blocks? I mean they both definitely seemed intentional. It was weird to see on both plays. It was like Rodgers had no idea what to do with the ball either time. Honestly it was a clusterf*ck.

Douglas has built a solid team but he shouldn’t get a pass for o line and QB. He bet on old and injury prone guys at OT and QB and it looks like he lost. We pretty much know what the roster is at this point. It’s a really tough spot to be in.

Edited by GangGreen420

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We’ll sign/trade for a backup 

Brown is going to get diced up by Parsons. 

100%. Becton was horrendous in pass protection too along with Laken. Becton can def run block like a stud though and his pass protection should get better. Laken was a bust and so was Brown. Going to be our achilles heal (sorry for the poor pun) all season.

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Were they practicing those cut blocks? I mean they both definitely seemed intentional. It was weird to see on both plays. It was like Rodgers had no idea what to do with the ball either time. Honestly it was a clusterf*ck.

Douglas has built a solid team but he shouldn’t get a pass for o line and QB. He bet on old and injury prone guys at OT and QB and it looks like he lost. We pretty much know what the roster is at this point. It’s a really tough spot to be in.

agreed but hes the best GM weve ever had. he has to stay. 

• Like 1

Even when we win we find a way to lose. I mean at this point it’s just demoralising. After all the hype and hard knocks I genuinely couldn’t have been more excited for this season. Four snaps in and it goes up in smoke.

Hell of an effort from the boys to get the win tonight especially after the injury to #8. 

What I really DON’T want to have moving forward is the basic ‘playing not to lose offense’ that we’ve seen for what feels like forever. It may work for a game or two but it’s not built for 17+games.

I would do what it takes to get Cousins or Jameis and go all in. They will throw picks and frustrate us at times but I will not get through 16 more games of watching Zach and that horrible offense. 

Sorry about the injury. Hope it’s not serious, but the rumors are discouraging. Not a Jets fan, but was looking forward to seeing what Rodgers would do outside of GB, & it’s a shame we couldn’t even see it for a few games at least. 

I don’t think this can be entirely laid at the feet of the OL, even if they are bad. He went down after what, 4 hits? Even the best of OL allow some hits, & he would’ve taken that 4th hit this season sooner or later, whether yesterday or after 4-5 games, & you’d still be left in the same situation. Just comes down to rotten luck. And maybe the QB being 40yr old. Hopefully he can return this season. 

I'm sure it's been said, but in the most painfully ironic way, Rodgers injury looks like it was more on him than the OL. 

Thought the Jets should have run behind Becton more, and would have liked to see some shots to Wilson one-on-one, but obviously, it worked out.

Have to feel good about the type of character we have in the locker room, and credit to the coaching staff, would have been really easy to mail it in after Rodgers went down.

Feel terrible for Rodgers, just absolutely brutal. Something about this team man

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I'm sure it's been said, but in the most painfully ironic way, Rodgers injury looks like it was more on him than the OL. 

Thought the Jets should have run behind Becton more, and would have liked to see some shots to Wilson one-on-one, but obviously, it worked out.

Have to feel good about the type of character we have in the locker room, and credit to the coaching staff, would have been really easy to mail it in after Rodgers went down.

Feel terrible for Rodgers, just absolutely brutal. Something about this team man

Yeah I think it was Wilson from the left side who was wide open and as Brown blocked low it looked for all the world AR would throw it out quick in Wilson’s path. 

This team is too good to throw the season away by locking in Zach as the starter for the season. We must bring in someone this week for the patriots game week 3/ chiefs game week 4. 

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

Sorry about the injury. Hope it’s not serious, but the rumors are discouraging. Not a Jets fan, but was looking forward to seeing what Rodgers would do outside of GB, & it’s a shame we couldn’t even see it for a few games at least. 

I don’t think this can be entirely laid at the feet of the OL, even if they are bad. He went down after what, 4 hits? Even the best of OL allow some hits, & he would’ve taken that 4th hit this season sooner or later, whether yesterday or after 4-5 games, & you’d still be left in the same situation. Just comes down to rotten luck. And maybe the QB being 40yr old. Hopefully he can return this season. 

It’s because he’s 40. To me that 100% looked like a designed cut block and for whatever reason he panicked and didn’t get rid of the ball, that play was supposed to be a quick hitter. Like you said, if he couldn’t withstand that hit, he wasn’t going to last a full season anyway.

It was a fun experiment but it lasted 4 plays. Assuming it’s a full Achilles tear the best thing for both sides is probably retirement.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would sign Carson Wentz and not trade for a backup. If yiur looking for a backup there is not much diffrent between Wentz and the other backups. 

If there is a LT they need, then you sign Wentz and save the picks for a midseason trade. Right now, it's looking like Brown is another Rogers waiting to happen. They need to keep some capital for a quality LT at the deadline. Otherwise, trade for the QB now and roll with Brown. They got the 1st rounder next year, so you may as well trade back and while trading the back 2/3rds of your '24 draft.