Week 1 GDT: MNF Bills @ Jets

NJC33

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Winston- Saints have no reason to make that trade. They'll contend for their division and if Carr goes out he's the best backup in the league. 

Cousins- You said a few weeks, by that point if the Jets are in contention then that means Wilson is playing well enough so why would they make a switch? If he's playing bad they aren't giving up picks for a lost season. 

Murray- Injured, bloated contract, not happening. 

3 out of 3 aint happening. Might as well call Tebow.

I won’t argue back and forth over this. Let’s see what happens. 

Give Zach a few games but not bringing in competition is a major red flag for this entire regime. You don’t go from needing to be better at QB, going after Carr, exploring tannenhill and then trading for Rodgers to saying Zach is the guy 4 months later and not wanting another option. That’s borderline psychotic. I get that they want to truly give him another shot but you also have to be fair to the other guys in the room. If we lose the next 3 and he looks bad, the odds are we are going to be 1-5 or 2-4 going into the BYE and we really shouldn’t roll the dice when we have talent everywhere else outside of the left side of the OL. Jacoby Brissett would not cost a ton and give us a very productive QB who won’t light it up but won’t lose it for us either. I fear this could get very ugly in the up coming weeks. 

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Give Zach a few games but not bringing in competition is a major red flag for this entire regime. You don’t go from needing to be better at QB, going after Carr, exploring tannenhill and then trading for Rodgers to saying Zach is the guy 4 months later and not wanting another option. That’s borderline psychotic. I get that they want to truly give him another shot but you also have to be fair to the other guys in the room. If we lose the next 3 and he looks bad, the odds are we are going to be 1-5 or 2-4 going into the BYE and we really shouldn’t roll the dice when we have talent everywhere else outside of the left side of the OL. Jacoby Brissett would not cost a ton and give us a very productive QB who won’t light it up but won’t lose it for us either. I fear this could get very ugly in the up coming weeks. 

They spent the entire off-season investing in the guys they have in the building. Who can you reasonably bring in? Almost every team except the 49ers folds if they lose their starter and thats only because Shanahan could score points in his sleep. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Here we are AGAIN BACK TO SQUARE ONE. iN A MATTER OF FOUR PLAYS, WE WENT FROM A REAL PLAYOFF CONTENDER TO MAYBE A 8 WIN TEAM. IF WE DON'T FIX THIS LOUSY O LINE THIS COULD GET REAL UGLY.

50 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

Trade for Winston or sign Wentz if we want to make a serious gamble on still being a contender.

Sign Flacco again if we just want a backup for if Zach plays too bad or gets hurt. Either way we have to sign someone.

Flacco is super trash. Hard pass. Plus he doesn't even have any sort of advantage when it comes to working with the receivers or oc since they are all new. 

The only real options in play are guys like Wentz, Ryan and maybe Rivers. None of them would be ready for at least a month. Even then I'm not convinced that they would be an improvement. 

The season is going to hinge of what kind of impact Rodgers has and will have on the development of ZW.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Wentz, Winston, or Brissett are the guys I like in this situation. I would also look into eventually adding La'el Collins just to have another option in case things get worse for Brown. Pending on his injury. 

Personally I want to avoid any free agent qbs: Wentz, Flacco, McCoy etc. To hit the ground running I want someone who’s just completed an NFL offseason. 

Winston and Brissett would be interesting. Shame we haven’t had a young rookie that could come out of nowhere ala Brock Purdy. There’s no great options out there but we must try and do something.

La’el would be someone I would bring in immediately as i think Brown may be done and if that’s the case Becton can go back to LT. The whole thing is a ****show. 

You can't just bring QBs off the street and think they play well. This isn't madden. You have to learn the playbook, learn your teammates, and try to catch up on all the work done all spring and summer. Zach Wilson is their option right now. I hope Rodgers eventually hangs around to continue to mentor him. Certain things he has looked better on. He still has a lot to work on but its not like he has zero talent, this kid was a baller in college. He was dropping dimes downfield with the flick of a wrist. 

We are basically like the 09/10 Jets again. Great team with meh at QB. Wilson just needs to play within the offense, once in a while we are going to need him to make a play downfield though. Teams are going to attack Hall and Cook.  Feed Garrett Wilson the ball, he will bail him out. 

Will Grier

Ben DiNucci

Nathan Rourke

Give one of these guys a shot. All of the other options  available we know aren't good at this point in their careers. Grab one of these guys and let them learn the playbook and the offense whole.Zach starts.

If he plays poorly, give one of the other young dudes a shot. Carson Wentz isn't going to be much better than Zach. Grier and gang probably won't either but I think the chance of them being an under the radar option are higher than Wentz, Ryan, or Flacco suddenly reviving their careers after sitting out all off-season