Week 1 GDT: MNF Bills @ Jets

NJC33

10 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Also, to my knowledge the 2024 first and second round picks are no longer tied up. Green Bay gets the second-rounder, we get to keep the first rounder...unless you believe Rodgers will miraculously recover in time to take 65% of the snaps this season. Not happening.

The only silver lining about Week 1 is that we get to keep Rodgers AND the 2024 first, which should be used to draft his eventual successor. Someone who can sit for two years (hopefully), learn the system and then take over when Rodgers finally calls it quits.

For all this to become reality, though, we may need a new GM. Someone without the Zach Wilson blindspot.

Nope. The picks are locked until the end of the season unless Green Bay amends the trade, which they have zero incentive to. 

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not really. There’s evidence he can get it done. If they’ve got the imploding out of him then he’ll be fine. He was fine Monday night overall. 

Not many have tried to look at things through his eyes. This is a learning year and this is Aaron’s team. He’s not getting any reps during the week, he has to be ready but not dialed in ready. It’s 9/11, it’s the home opener, it’s arguably the most anticipated game of the week. 4 offensive plays in the air is sucked out of the stadium, whether Jets or Bills fan and then it’s “Hey Zach go save us.”  How many guys can go through all of those emotions, not have the reps all week and offseason, and get thrust into the game against a good defense and under immense pressure. 

All things considering, he had a really good 2nd half. Let’s see how he does with a week of prep and in the mindset of a starter. The real test will be New England. That’s a game that will truly tell us if he’s going to be a train wreck, or if he has a chance to lead us to the playoffs. I still think the real man under pressure is Hackett. If you can’t draw up winnable plays for him and the offense then you need accountability as well. 

We are not going to be handed four turnovers every week. The QB can be sheltered, and has been. But at some point, he needs to be able to do something to help the team win. 

Four turnovers, a miracle catch by G. Wilson and an unbelievable punt return won us this game.

No. 2 was what he has always been...at times mediocre but passable, and at times horrible. 

If this was good enough, Woody Johnson would not have gone on a plane to California to beg Aaron Rodgers to come play for us. 

Plan B was always flawed, and will be the downfall of this regime.

Oh, and why the &^$@ have they not added ANYONE else? Boyle will come off the PS this weekend, but how is it that they have not even added another body??? 

This is easily the worst QB room in the NFL again. At least pretend that you want to give your golden boy some competition, Joe.

Arod said he knows how long it will take to recover but don't be "shocked" oh his rehab. Some reports have stated if the Jets make the playoffs he could be in. I would be more than shocked if this happens. I could see him a full go by TC with all the new advances but man a playoff return would shock me. The reports are the surgery did not go good but "Great". Maybe the tear or what ever damage is there looks better in surgery than the MRI. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Not sure what surgical technique was used to repair Rodgers' achilles.   Here is a short video of a surgical technique.  

The way some reports are coming out there may be some new tech out there that cuts the time table way down. This might be like when AP tore his ACL and came back just as good years ago. I know Arod is 39 but still they seems set on "shocking" people with this recovery. 

On 9/15/2023 at 11:51 PM, rickyt31 said:

I still can't believe this sh** really happened.  

YOU ARE NOT ALONE RICK. IT IS EVEN WORST THAN i BAD DREAM. ALL OUR PLANS ARE OUT THE WINDOW. FIVE MONTHS OF MOVES, PLANIIING, AND PUTTING ALL THE PIECES TOGETHER, FELL APART IN FOUR PLAYS.

Edited by doumeyer

53 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’ll be rooting hard for Zach today, I’ve never wanted to be more wrong about a player at this point. The thought of Parsons vs the Jets OTs though is a nightmare. Potential to wreck the entire game.

Same here and yeah Parsons is scary. Have to run the ball today and try and make him as less of a factor as possible.