Week 1 GDT: MNF Bills @ Jets

NJC33

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m sure those cut blocks will be in the game plan next week 

Sad for your fan base. Terrible thing that happened, but this was not on the offensive line and cut blocks. What made Aaron great was off schedule plays. Often those were because he didn't like to throw short over the middle. Ultimately, it cost him last night. The play as designed was there and he chose not to take the profit.

Terrible break and heartbreaking because your team is stacked. Hoping for the best for you guys the rest of the way. 

What a game last night.

I was pleased to see that our OL created some complex and activity in run blocking. That is something I have not seen from Jets in past years.  Now I hope chemistry and consistency get better as season's progressing.   As for pass blocking, it shows a lot of works to be done.  Brown was put on the field for first time since 16th game of last year.  Becton has yet to handle rusher in open space but as long as he stays healthy he may pick up the speed in some time later.   And, ah, please don't use Becton to chip/low angle again.    Cook and Hall are good 1-2 punch as I shall expect them to continue. 

Good to see Safety's ability to cover deep.  I don't mind giving up a legit bomb but not a blind faith bomb.  Nice job, Whitehead. 

Now, with Rodgers being out of season, there is no another qb than Boyle and Wilson that at least getting familiar with Hackett's offense in NFL so I recommend Jets to sign Carson Wentz to PS in order to allow him learn the system without any pressure.  Ryan and Wentz are top FA right now but neither will carry Jets to at least playoff so I don't want Jets to compel to shell out big money on either.  

I think TV plan will be altered due to Rodgers' injury. That means I won't watch any game as I didn't subscribe Tubetv Sunday games.  I don't know if it is blessed. lol.

On some of the big run plays I notice Jeremy Ruckert has looked like a beast as a blocker at TE. Easily the best blocking TE on the roster.  

That right side of the OL will be money on run plays as long as AVT and Becton stay healthy. There was one run where Becton knocked 2 guys on their butts. 

We are going to have to win ugly now. This Jets roster is more talented than the 09 and 2010 Jets IMO. The division is also better than those years.

In reality there is no one coming to save the day now. They might bring a vet in but he will have to learn the offense and get up to speed and how much of an upgrade is he? 

Zach Wilson has to step up and not melt down. 

Is it true Rodgers will receive 50 million for this current year. And the Jets will get a 8.9 million dollar cap hit. This is a huge disaster. Plus, the lose of Arron Rodgers for the entire year. Why are we so snake bitten? And what about the $150.00 bucks the Jet fans laid for Arron Rodgers jerseys I guess you will see all these jerseys at your wife or girlfriends garage sale for $15.oo. And what about Doumeyer he bought the NFL Sunday ticket for $400. bucks. Since my first year as a Jet fan in 1963 we have only on great year in 1969 when we won  a super Bowl thank to Joe Namath.

58 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

What a game last night.

I was pleased to see that our OL created some complex and activity in run blocking. That is something I have not seen from Jets in past years.  Now I hope chemistry and consistency get better as season's progressing.   As for pass blocking, it shows a lot of works to be done.  Brown was put on the field for first time since 16th game of last year.  Becton has yet to handle rusher in open space but as long as he stays healthy he may pick up the speed in some time later.   And, ah, please don't use Becton to chip/low angle again.    Cook and Hall are good 1-2 punch as I shall expect them to continue. 

Good to see Safety's ability to cover deep.  I don't mind giving up a legit bomb but not a blind faith bomb.  Nice job, Whitehead. 

Now, with Rodgers being out of season, there is no another qb than Boyle and Wilson that at least getting familiar with Hackett's offense in NFL so I recommend Jets to sign Carson Wentz to PS in order to allow him learn the system without any pressure.  Ryan and Wentz are top FA right now but neither will carry Jets to at least playoff so I don't want Jets to compel to shell out big money on either.  

I think TV plan will be altered due to Rodgers' injury. That means I won't watch any game as I didn't subscribe Tubetv Sunday games.  I don't know if it is blessed. lol.

Becton is flipping sides on his drop so prob is a bit unnatural for him on the drop ... but brown really sucked hope they work out better with time

• Like 1

Regarding the OL, they are not trading for anyone until the trade deadline (Oct.31).  By then, teams that are out of it may look to offload a starting caliber OT but it still won't be cheap.  As others have said, Brown has not had an offseason so hopefully he gets better.  Tomlinson just straight up sucks.  Best thing we could now is to have AVT man LT and bring in Tippmann to play RG.  But that won't happen until Brown proves he can't play anymore.

We are ****ed at QB.  Again, nobody is trading their backup QB at least until the deadline.  And whether we get a street FA or trade for a backup, are they really going to help?  By the time we get one and they are up to par with the playbook, the season could very well be over.

All we can do is hope Zack sucks less and the OL plays better.

2 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Nijman or Walker would be fine on LT. Depends on the trade package Jets offer, but if they dangle a 1st and some change, Gute thinks long and hard about it

Dude the Jets are not trading for a T on the packers. You guys lost your first round pick and we lost Rodgers. Everyone loses and they will not make a trade for a T that is no better than Max Mitchell and others on the Jets. Heck you can move AVT to LT and bring Trippman the rookie in for G. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Off the top of your head what would you assume Zach's second half passer rating was? Don't look it up, just make a guess. 

Since you posed the question, I'll assume it is higher than I would expect.  I expect -7 but it is probably close to 100.  Regardless, we have seen this movie before. If the OL can offer stellar, nay, flawless pass pro, Zach may be OK.  Reality suggests Zach will mentally crumble again.

You guys know me and how much I hate zach Wilson but I must say for this team to take a hit like that with ARod going down they did well. They where down 13-3 with no hope. Zach did make some very good throws and he does have a cannon on him. I thought Becton played better now than the last few times we saw him. Heck he ran over 2 guys to break Hall free. I would rather see Becton at Lt and Max Mitchell at RT. I would then move Laken out and put Tippman in for him. Remember te Bills have a top 5 D and now we go against Dallas who has one f=of the top D. These D will make all the QB's look bad. I like the combo of Hall and Cook that will take pressure off too. I think Zach has made some huge strides with Arod around and now Arod can be right beside him the whole time. Most QB seem to have that 2nd year slump and struggle. They usually turn it on by year 3 if they have it. This is year 3 for Wilson so it would not be to much of a shock to see him make a jump. He did complete 66.6% of his passes and I know there was a lot of screen passes but he did make some great throws down the field. He did have 2 bad throws but not bad for a game that was all D. I don't know maybe I'm crazy but I can see Zach working his way back up IF WE CAN AVOID THE INJURY BUG!!!!!

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Off the top of your head what would you assume Zach's second half passer rating was? Don't look it up, just make a guess. 

Id guess like 93.  

For the game I know he has a 66.7% completion percentage. 

In the second half he had a TD throw and no turnovers. 

The issues, I think, are two fold. One, he only totaled 140 yards despite playing, essentially, the entire game. That's a direct result of an offensive play calling system that did not trust ZW(deserved or not)

The second issue is that there's a certain level of PTSD when dealing with ZW. This fan base is just looking for any little error as a reason to fault him completely and proclaim failure. All QBs throw picks. I've seen ZW played very good games, only to throw a single pick and just get a wave of boos and hate for it. There is simply no tolerance from our fan base for him.