Fire AB

MWil23

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And they’re watching it through the lens of a Browns fan.  When things don’t go well for us it’s because someone is a moron who needs “to be held accountable” and not because this is just how things go for most of the league, much of the time.  There are a handful of top tier teams and then everyone else.  

I had to explain the value of context in numbers yesterday and today I have to explain the difference between reasonable, valid criticism and complaining just because you’re (not you personally) big mad we didn’t win every game??  You’re smart enough to know the differences in both instances, so I’m not sure what we’re doing here?

It depends on the complaining.  The accountability rants after a road loss to one of the hottest teams in football while dealing with the injuries we are at the positions those guys play is asinine.

Teams are gonna lose some games, it’s ok.  I’m not sure we need to discuss replacing everyone after every loss. At least imo.

Same.   We’ve seen a lot of turds, he’s not one of them.

It’s a QB driven league.  You know this, I know this, every causal fan knows this. 

Do we have the 17th ranked roster?  No.  17th best QB situation over that time with an injured and meh Baker, a career backup in Jacoby, sex pest playing sometimes, MVPJ, DTR and soon the corpse of Joe Flacco? Also no.  

Stefanski owns keeping Woods, no argument there.  But he replaced him and we’ve got the best defense in the league now.  At what point is the “but Joe Woods” thing sort of irrelevant moving forward?

We’re also 8-4 in those games and 5-1 (4-1) this season.  What’s the issue? We’re winning, he’s looked better the longer he’s been here, etc.. He’s not putting up huge numbers in wins?  That’s the problem?

Who do you think might be partially responsible for such a dramatic improvement in play? 

Agree to disagree on the last bits there.  

All injuries aren’t the same, agree there, but an impact player is an impact player. Some positions are harder to replace than others with equal talent (QB, OT, CB, WR imo). Even if you’re able to replicate much of the production, a player like Chubb has an impact on the game that’s not measured on the stat sheet.  He’s going to dictate how many defenders are in the box and force DCs to make tough decisions.  Jerome Ford isn’t gonna do that.  At least not at this point.

The difference in ability and how they can impact a game between sex pest and the backups is astronomical.  You can’t defend them in the same ways and you can’t run the same concepts offensively.

Yes and no.  I don’t credit Stefanski with the defense at all tbh. Just me.

I also don’t hold him responsible for a pro not catching a pass.  I’m not sure what a coach is supposed to do to fix that issue?  What would you suggest?

As far as the QB preparation/performance, idk 🤷‍♂️.  If it were just a matter of going out there and coaching the next man up and getting them prepared I’m guessing we wouldn’t see the same QBs succeeding year after year when their coaches get promotions and good coaches like BB struggle when a player moves on.  Probably wouldn’t see quarter billion dollar contracts and multiple firsts being traded for these guys.  Teams would just draft some new guy and coach them up if that’s all it took.

Sure.  

You’re gonna adapt your offense to changes in players and things like injuries.  Isn’t that what we all want from a coach?  A guy who adapts to what he has vs “my scheme” like, for example, Joe Woods?

Agreed.

He’s also assembled a top 10 roster (in your estimation) and the best defense in the league. 

The pervert deal looks bad because of the suspension being double what the precedents (not going down this rabbit hole, he’s gross, we agree) were at the time and injuries to his throwing shoulder.  When he’s played he’s looked… ok.  Good/great at times, rusty a bit last season, awful early this season.

I think it depends on how things go even if we miss.  Wheels falling off vs competing to the end, etc.. I personally think everyone will be back.

I have no issue with any of that.  I do think there are some folks with an agenda, we both know who they are, who only show up when the most recent game makes their narratives look good.  There’s not nuance or balance to their points as you’ve just done, there’s just repetitive nonsense.

Here is some numbers

Mayfield has higher qb rating over the past 2 years then dushbag.

Wins we have paid 120 million for a qb that has won 8 games while he has played.

These 3 qbs have been traded under Stefanski watch

Stafford

Goff 

Wilson

Witch 1 of those would be willing to trade there qb straight up for dushbag?

Anyways thank you have a nice day.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I doubt he has the stats to back up a fight with Mike here. 

My man brings the goods. 

The goods:

bc41a2b8e66b852e7c8cf95b12b6dd14.gif

No worries 

Truthfully though I would extend stefanski and Berry so they can try to build a winner with a 81 rating qb over 2 years just so that neither will ever ascend to that position again.

18 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Overall I like AB and think we should stick with him, But his seat should be warming up.

Is it because he completed the Watson trade? I mean letting Baker walk isn’t the reason. He has found 1-2 round value in the draft in the 4th or later. He has built a complete team that can stop teams on the defensive side and if healthy offensively is difficult to stop. 

He gives good contracts out, Watson was an exception but he did get a guy who said no at first. 

He revamped the D line in one year. He also has gotten rid of players for better players (looking at you D Hop for York)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Is it because he completed the Watson trade? I mean letting Baker walk isn’t the reason. He has found 1-2 round value in the draft in the 4th or later. He has built a complete team that can stop teams on the defensive side and if healthy offensively is difficult to stop. 

He gives good contracts out, Watson was an exception but he did get a guy who said no at first. 

He revamped the D line in one year. He also has gotten rid of players for better players (looking at you D Hop for York)

Your right 175 yards against Denver if Joe woods did that he would be fires without 50 million in contracts .

What qb could we trade dushbag for

Stafford

Wilson

Goff

Dorsey has taken a team from 1st overall pick to the playoffs while Berry has gone from 12 wins to 8 last year.

Houston 2nd overall pick to being in the playoffs feel free to answer each in point then I will give you more info.

Questions could you trade leshaun even up for Zach Wilson. 

44 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Your right 175 yards against Denver if Joe woods did that he would be fires without 50 million in contracts .

What qb could we trade dushbag for

Stafford

Wilson

Goff

Dorsey has taken a team from 1st overall pick to the playoffs while Berry has gone from 12 wins to 8 last year.

Houston 2nd overall pick to being in the playoffs feel free to answer each in point then I will give you more info.

Questions could you trade leshaun even up for Zach Wilson. 

Mkie Loigc 

Joe Woods > Gym Shorts

Evrry old QB > Lashaun

Dosrey > AB

Zach Wilson > Lashaun

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@DawgX tell us about the shadow realm. I’ve contemplated going there a few times. 

It's a dark, cold place.

What's weird is that if you browse the forum when you're not logged in, it takes forever for new posts to show up. Like following a GDT, it'll say a post is new when it's clearly like an hour old lol.

But yeah, lame I got the ban hammer for a month for bumping a few threads and just having fun. Really makes you wonder why this forum hardly attracts new members that actually stick around.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

It's a dark, cold place.

What's weird is that if you browse the forum when you're not logged in, it takes forever for new posts to show up. Like following a GDT, it'll say a post is new when it's clearly like an hour old lol.

But yeah, lame I got the ban hammer for a month for bumping a few threads and just having fun. Really makes you wonder why this forum hardly attracts new members that actually stick around.

Are you sure you got banned? There's been some pretty weird forum functionality things that have been prohibiting people from posting.

14 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Are you sure you got banned? There's been some pretty weird forum functionality things that have been prohibiting people from posting.

Yeah, happened to me with my work computer but my home computer never had an issue.

If I tried to quote something it would just go to the top of the page.