Week 14 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Houston Texans

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, John232 said:

The good thing about Indy being ahead of us is they don't affect the QB market and will probably draft Barkley. Don't see them trading back and risking losing him or Nelson for that matter too.

I'd say they go with Chubb, to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really hope that we re-sign Reid, Hyde and Fusco. Those are my three on the priority queue, I think. 

I'd agree with Reid/Fusco. But I'm not for Hyde, honestly. I've just never seen it in him, and am happy to try again on that one. Won't be mad if we bring him back, but otherwise, I'm ready to try something new. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be fair, that's because I'm a Fresno State homer lolll. But no, Adams is good. Packers kind of have to bring him back right? Nelson is going to soon be on the decline and Cobb is pretty much just a solid receiver now.

I would think so, but I know that Cobb and Nelson both make a lot of money...unsure what the cap situation is like 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

I'd agree with Reid/Fusco. But I'm not for Hyde, honestly. I've just never seen it in him, and am happy to try again on that one. Won't be mad if we bring him back, but otherwise, I'm ready to try something new. 

But the thing is, I think Hyde is going to be cheap. Like super cheap. I just don't think that there's a huge market for him. If he's going to get a Latavius Murray type deal, we should bring him back. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well...hopefully Nelson is still there. I mean, at least we got Jimmy G who looks promising. 

Well Browns need a QB, so do the Giants and the Broncos which leaves only the Colts without a QB need ahead of us right now, they could absolutely do with a great OL though. Guess we'd take a pass rusher then.

Honest question: 

What is our record if Jimmy G was our QB all season? Keep in mind - we lost 5 straight by 3 points or less. 

Do we win those 5 and sit at 7-6? Jimmy obviously looks head and heels above his counterparts. 

I don't think we win all 5. Maybe 2 of them. I think we were a 6 win team with Jimmy G all year, probably. But I think it also bears mentioning that if we had won more games from the onset, so many people wouldn't have ended up on IR. No way do I think Garcon hits IR, for example. 

Honest question: 

What is our record if Jimmy G was our QB all season? Keep in mind - we lost 5 straight by 3 points or less. 

Do we win those 5 and sit at 7-6? Jimmy obviously looks head and heels above his counterparts. 

This roster is still so bad. Maybe we have two or three more wins, but they wouldn't be able to hang with the big dogs. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Honest question: 

Considering we had way more healthy players....I'd say 5-7 wins would absolutely possible.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

The good thing about Indy being ahead of us is they don't affect the QB market and will probably draft Barkley. Don't see them trading back and risking losing him or Nelson for that matter too.

I read an article saying their owner is very uypset with Luck.  Perhaps they trade him and take a QB.  In any case if there is a good QB there when they are picking then someone will offer them a boatload of picks.  Barkley or Nelson might be worth  the 3rd pick (personally of course I don't think so) but they are not worth something like a 6th to 8th (where they still be able to get Barkley or Nelson) plus an extra first, second and third which is probably what a high pick will be worth if there still a good QB available.

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

Considering we had way more healthy players....I'd say 5-7 wins would absolutely possible.

This is my thought, too. If Jimmy is 10x better than either Hoyer/Beathard (and I don't think that's much of an exaggeration), then in games where they got us to within 3, he'd likely do better...especially with a healthier roster. Garoppolo just balled with Zane Beadles as his RT. 

Archived