Would you dare bench a "stud"?

Speedyg

It's playoff time, so the difficult decisions are here. Do you go with your studs regardless of match up?

Case in point, I am considering very strongly sitting Julio this TNF vs Saints and Lattimore. He's had an "ok" season, but up until the Bucs game you really couldn't tell the difference between him and most WRs fantasy wise. Then again, that blow up factor is the reason why Julio is Julio.

What about you?

Have you had scenarios in the past where your stud had a tough match up on paper?

Did you sit/start him?

And what was the result?

Cooks, Gordon, Tyreek.

Gordon and Hill are better matchup on paper than Cooks and Julio. 

Have not really decided what I'll do yet. One thing that might sway me keeping Julio is that I'm going against Ryan. Right now I'm leaning Cooks (no Gronk) and rolling the dice on Gordon getting the targets

4 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Cooks, Gordon, Tyreek.

Gordon and Hill are better matchup on paper than Cooks and Julio. 

Have not really decided what I'll do yet. One thing that might sway me keeping Julio is that I'm going against Ryan. Right now I'm leaning Cooks (no Gronk) and rolling the dice on Gordon getting the targets

I would say Cooks is a sure fire play. He had a dud last week but prior to that he had been pretty solid and with Gronk out should be even more of an option. I wouldn't trust Gordon yet. He still has Kizer throwing him the ball. Tyreek is an intriguing option, but to me he is as boom or bust as Julio but with a lower floor.

I am thinking about benching Kareem hunt. Not sure if he even qualifies as a 'stud' anymore. I could play kenyan Drake and then Sterling Sheppard as my flex. Not sure what to do. Hunt against oakland you would think would be potential for a big game. idk

15 hours ago, tntitans4life17 said:

it depends on who you are gonna bench him for. what are your options?

8 hours ago, N4L said:

I am thinking about benching Kareem hunt. Not sure if he even qualifies as a 'stud' anymore. I could play kenyan Drake and then Sterling Sheppard as my flex. Not sure what to do. Hunt against oakland you would think would be potential for a big game. idk

Hunt is another one that scares me, and I've benched him on another league. Oakland is tempting, and perhaps them airing it out last week opens up things for Hunt.

For whatever is worth, I'm playing Drake over Fournette.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I have a similar predicament. Have Julio vs Latimore. and Russ and Baldwin against JAX. Sucks but hoping they all show up. Russ has pretty much carried me in this league (6pts per pass TD) so I need him this week. 

I wouldn't really worry about Russ too much.  I think he'll have his share of plays.  Baldwin would be more of a toss up for me. 

11 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Hunt is another one that scares me, and I've benched him on another league. Oakland is tempting, and perhaps them airing it out last week opens up things for Hunt.

For whatever is worth, I'm playing Drake over Fournette.

Yeah, I have drake and Kamara going this week for sure. My only dilemma is whether or not Sterling Sheppard or the khunt should be my flex. 

I also like that drake goes on Monday, so no matter what happens I will have a chance on monday.

I think I am just going to roll with Hunt. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a week he finally gets multiple touchdowns. That will be a high scoring game and I think the raiders focus will be on Hill and Kelce. Screw it lol

Archived