KC suspends CB Marcus Peters for 1 game

Broncofan

Holy hell batman....

For the entertaining footage, here's the article that has both the flag-throwing AND him returning from the locker (because he mistakenly thought he was ejected, wasn't, and then ran back to the field, with no socks or shoes on lol).  

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article187849714.html

I'll give props to Reid for doing the right thing.   The refs screwed up, that's an automatic ejection IMO.

Then again, the Chiefs were probably afraid the NFL might suspend Peters for 2 games given the absolute Magic-8-Ball method of punishment being doled out this week.  

Here's an article from the Players Tribune, written by Davante Adams and talking about the toughest corners he's faced

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

Patrick Peterson

"I know people don’t usually rank guys in these things — it’s just like, Here are my top five overall. But I’m not afraid to say that Pat P is probably my No. 1 toughest corner right now.

I’ve played against him twice, and he’s just an athletic freak — I’m not really sure how else to put it. He’s a strong dude who is physical off the line of scrimmage and throughout the route, and he’s also really fast and can change direction on a dime. Usually, guys have one or the other — elite strength or elite speed and quickness. But he’s kind of the best of both worlds. I think he’s the closest in the league to being the complete package at cornerback.

We should really talk about his speed and technique, which is what he relies on most.

The quickest way from A to B is a straight line, right? Well, Pat has 4.34 speed. But he also has the ability to flip his hips and change direction so well that it allows him to take great angles and always be running in a straight line. It’s field speed. So, even if you get him turned around or get him to bite on a fake, he’s quick to recover. "

Lots more in the article including some gifs

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's an article from the Players Tribune, written by Davante Adams and talking about the toughest corners he's faced

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

Patrick Peterson

"I know people don’t usually rank guys in these things — it’s just like, Here are my top five overall. But I’m not afraid to say that Pat P is probably my No. 1 toughest corner right now.

I’ve played against him twice, and he’s just an athletic freak — I’m not really sure how else to put it. He’s a strong dude who is physical off the line of scrimmage and throughout the route, and he’s also really fast and can change direction on a dime. Usually, guys have one or the other — elite strength or elite speed and quickness. But he’s kind of the best of both worlds. I think he’s the closest in the league to being the complete package at cornerback.

We should really talk about his speed and technique, which is what he relies on most.

The quickest way from A to B is a straight line, right? Well, Pat has 4.34 speed. But he also has the ability to flip his hips and change direction so well that it allows him to take great angles and always be running in a straight line. It’s field speed. So, even if you get him turned around or get him to bite on a fake, he’s quick to recover. "

Lots more in the article including some gifs

Is this related to Peters...technique wise?  I'm confuzzled here.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Is this related to Peters...technique wise?  I'm confuzzled here.  

That hilarious, I totally whiffed  !

My decaffeinated brain confuzzled CB Marcus Peters and CB Patrick Peterson...

In the words of the great Emily Litella:   Nevermind

Archived