KC suspends CB Marcus Peters for 1 game

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Travis Kelce is a clown too. He had a flag throwing incident last year (at the ref though, which was worse) and has numerously drawn stupid penalties throughout this year, but no suspension for him yet.

It's almost like offensive players get preferential treatment or something....

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's an article from the Players Tribune, written by Davante Adams and talking about the toughest corners he's faced

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/davante-adams-green-bay-five-toughest-nfl/

Patrick Peterson

"I know people don’t usually rank guys in these things — it’s just like, Here are my top five overall. But I’m not afraid to say that Pat P is probably my No. 1 toughest corner right now.

I’ve played against him twice, and he’s just an athletic freak — I’m not really sure how else to put it. He’s a strong dude who is physical off the line of scrimmage and throughout the route, and he’s also really fast and can change direction on a dime. Usually, guys have one or the other — elite strength or elite speed and quickness. But he’s kind of the best of both worlds. I think he’s the closest in the league to being the complete package at cornerback.

We should really talk about his speed and technique, which is what he relies on most.

The quickest way from A to B is a straight line, right? Well, Pat has 4.34 speed. But he also has the ability to flip his hips and change direction so well that it allows him to take great angles and always be running in a straight line. It’s field speed. So, even if you get him turned around or get him to bite on a fake, he’s quick to recover. "

Lots more in the article including some gifs

What...is...this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your explanation post right below this one

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Travis Kelce is a clown too. He had a flag throwing incident last year (at the ref though, which was worse) and has numerously drawn stupid penalties throughout this year, but no suspension for him yet.

He had outbursts the first few weeks of the year but has been a model citizen since so I'm not sure where you're getting "throughout the year".  If anything I'd almost rather him get a little more animated and maybe get Alex's attention for longer than 1 quarter a game.

Last year he threw his towel towards an official, just to clarify.

42 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He had outbursts the first few weeks of the year but has been a model citizen since so I'm not sure where you're getting "throughout the year".  If anything I'd almost rather him get a little more animated and maybe get Alex's attention for longer than 1 quarter a game.

Last year he threw his towel towards an official, just to clarify.

We make excuses for the players we like, and magnify problems on the players we don't like. It's human nature.

But both Kelce and Peters are great young players but they are both hotheads and do dumb stuff. I think Kelce has gotten more personal fouls than Peters this year. I'm not mad at the suspension at all (I'm a Raider fan), just a little confused as to why Peters has been suspended and not Kelce, if Reid is really trying to send a message to his team.

Unless there is some behind the scenes off the field stuff we're unaware of, it kinda looks like preferential treatment on Reid's part.

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

We make excuses for the players we like, and magnify problems on the players we don't like. It's human nature.

But both Kelce and Peters are great young players but they are both hotheads and do dumb stuff. I think Kelce has gotten more personal fouls than Peters this year. I'm not mad at the suspension at all (I'm a Raider fan), just a little confused as to why Peters has been suspended and not Kelce, if Reid is really trying to send a message to his team.

Unless there is some behind the scenes off the field stuff we're unaware of, it kinda looks like preferential treatment on Reid's part.

Travis Kelce hasn't committed a penalty of that nature since week 2. It was well-reported then that Reid had words for Kelce after he got flagged for taunting against Philly, and aside from being a bit grumpy on a few occasions that Smith hasn't thrown his way, he's been a model citizen on the field ever since then. Peters has 4 unsportsmanlike type penalties this season. Kelce has 2, coming in the first 2 weeks, and none since. Not even remotely comparable situations right now, and certainly not a matter of bias from Reid.

And to the bold, come on, don't make statements like that without any factual basis behind it. You have google. Either look it up or don't post false information at all.

Anyway, I'm absolutely ecstatic they did this. Sucks to lose him for a week, but it's absolutely necessary and justified. He's acted like a child as we've gone through our decline, and he needed a reality check. Pleased to see the team step up and do this.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

He's actually done a lot better about that this year. Had s a couple penalties to start the yeat but has really reigned it in.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Travis Kelce hasn't committed a penalty of that nature since week 2. It was well-reported then that Reid had words for Kelce after he got flagged for taunting against Philly, and aside from being a bit grumpy on a few occasions that Smith hasn't thrown his way, he's been a model citizen on the field ever since then. Peters has 4 unsportsmanlike type penalties this season. Kelce has 2, coming in the first 2 weeks, and none since. Not even remotely comparable situations right now, and certainly not a matter of bias from Reid.

And to the bold, come on, don't make statements like that without any factual basis behind it. You have google. Either look it up or don't post false information at all.

In the bolded, I clearly used the words "I think" so I wasn't posting anything as fact. So if you took it that way, blame your reading. I watch alot of Chief games and was estimating off the top of my head.

You went back and tallied it 4-2, but there was another one where they threw a flag on Kelce for taunting but called it back for some reason. He's definitely a show boating, me first type guy who had a incident last year with the ref but nothing was done to him.

Maybe because he's an offensive guy and Andy runs the team, who knows. Bottom line is that team is looking like its on the verge of falling apart and I couldn't be happier as a Raider fan.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

In the bolded, I clearly used the words "I think" so I wasn't posting anything as fact. So if you took it that way, blame your reading. I watch alot of Chief games and was estimating off the top of my head.

You went back and tallied it 4-2, but there was another one where they threw a flag on Kelce for taunting but called it back for some reason. He's definitely a show boating, me first type guy who had a incident last year with the ref but nothing was done to him.

Maybe because he's an offensive guy and Andy runs the team, who knows. Bottom line is that team is looking like its on the verge of falling apart and I couldn't be happier as a Raider fan.

I know you said "I think," but it isn't an opinion. Posting "I think" followed by an incorrect fact is still posting an incorrect fact. It's like me posting "I think the Chiefs beat the Raiders this year" or "I think John Ross has more receiving yards than Cooper Kupp." False information is false information. I think really only justifies the existence of a statement if it's an opinion. Ideally a well-justified one.

So, you say there's another one where they threw a flag but called it back...where? Got any specifics on that one?

Peters has been a problem. Kelce got his *** kicked after the Philly game and got it together. These things have been clear to most covering and watching the Chiefs. Kelce is a little animated still, but he's just that kind of guy. But when he's not getting penalties anymore, he's playing great, and no one on the team has a problem with him, how can you say he deserves a suspension? If the worst thing he does and dance and showboat a little, fine, argue a suspension for the dozens of guys who do.

The bold is also again factually incorrect. He was ejected last year for his interaction with the ref. That was his suspension. And you didn't put "I think" before you said that either, so that ones definitely just incorrect.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

I know you said "I think," but it isn't an opinion. Posting "I think" followed by an incorrect fact is still posting an incorrect fact. It's like me posting "I think the Chiefs beat the Raiders this year" or "I think John Ross has more receiving yards than Cooper Kupp." False information is false information. I think really only justifies the existence of a statement if it's an opinion. Ideally a well-justified one.

So, you say there's another one where they threw a flag but called it back...where? Got any specifics on that one?

Peters has been a problem. Kelce got his *** kicked after the Philly game and got it together. These things have been clear to most covering and watching the Chiefs. Kelce is a little animated still, but he's just that kind of guy. But when he's not getting penalties anymore, he's playing great, and no one on the team has a problem with him, how can you say he deserves a suspension? If the worst thing he does and dance and showboat a little, fine, argue a suspension for the dozens of guys who do.

The bold is also again factually incorrect. He was ejected last year for his interaction with the ref. That was his suspension. And you didn't put "I think" before you said that either, so that ones definitely just incorrect.

Kelce also does his job extremely well. From blocking to receiving

Peters hasnt been tackling, worse than Deion soft, and has had numerous outbursts this year, including arguing with fans at the game. This team as a whole has been soft outside of a few.

A message needed to be sent at some point.

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Kelce also does his job extremely well. From blocking to receiving

Peters hasnt been tackling, worse than Deion soft, and has had numerous outbursts this year, including arguing with fans at the game. This team as a whole has been soft outside of a few.

A message needed to be sent at some point.

Absolutely. If Kelce was half-assing his way through run blocking or something, that would certainly add to the case, like Peters's unwillingness to tackle.

Archived