Possible Coaching Candidates If Hue Gets Fired

cortes02

When Hue is fired...I'm guaranteeing that the HC we end up is KC's Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub.

Write it in stone. Dorsey and him are very very good friends.

Nagy is a young coach w/ a bright future with limited CEO and playcalling experience.

Toub is more in-line w/ a John Harbaugh type albeit Harbaugh is elite of elite at motivating.

Gets tricky when it comes to who Toub gets as his staff as he's been with Andy Reid for a long time and coaches are going to be loyal to Reid.

It would likely have to be coaches Toub has not really worked with before as the coaches in chicago during his time are out of league in college or otherwise.

Maybe Toub keeps on most of the defensive coaching staff?

Should be interesting to see who he hires as a staff but it's Dave Toub by a landslide in terms of who John Dorsey will hire.

How would you guys feel about this?

You had him for a short time as OC and I think I remember most Browns fans appreciating the job he did with the little he had.

If you guys are really keeping Hue next year, then maybe Flip becomes the OC for the Eagles (if some team hires Reich away for HC) or another team (believe the Eagles said they won't block an upward move for him again after we blocked the Jets from interviewing him for OC) and does a good job, then y'all hire him.

Just some food for thought.

37 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

When Hue is fired...I'm guaranteeing that the HC we end up is KC's Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub.

I thought the Browns said that Hue is gonna be the coach heading into 2018?

Toub or Nagy seem like they would be good hires if Dorsey wants to draw from the Chiefs well.

A lot of people think Toub has been deserving of a shot for a long time.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I thought the Browns said that Hue is gonna be the coach heading into 2018?

Toub or Nagy seem like they would be good hires if Dorsey wants to draw from the Chiefs well.

A lot of people think Toub has been deserving of a shot for a long time.

Jimmy Haslam says a lot of things that turn out not to be true.

6 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Jimmy Haslam says a lot of things that turn out not to be true.

Hope that ends up being the case, because keeping Hue another year just seems dumb.

Seems like he handled Kizer horribly and he only has 1 win in 2 seasons.

I understood giving him a 2nd season cause 1 is a small sample, but it seems as if he might've even regressed as a coach in his 2nd year which isn't a good sign.

14 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

This would be ideal

Wipe clean all coaches that were involved with Hue. Greg Williams lost me with his lack of improvement from the passing defense and it took him 16weeks to finally play peppers near the or in the box. 

Something I thought of today...

If we changed head coaches, and changed defenses, are we in a position to move back to the 3-4 if necessary?

I know new coaches come in with their own interpretation of what we should do.

would the following work?

OLB - Garrett and Collins

ILB - Kirksey and Schobert

DE - Ogunjobi and Ogah

NT - Shelton

I like how were set up for the 4-3 but i'm just curious if they moved us back would we have issues.

Archived