Possible Coaching Candidates If Hue Gets Fired

cortes02

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still want Matt Patricia. After the idiots we’ve had lately I’d like someone with a brain. 

if not I think flip would be fantastic. 

He would be a great hire IMO. A dude who gets it done defensively without having any really outstanding players. He's on my short list of guys I wouldn't mind

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still want Matt Patricia. After the idiots we’ve had lately I’d like someone with a brain. 

if not I think flip would be fantastic. 

I wanted Matt Patricia REALLY bad 2 years ago.

I still LOVE him as a head coach, though I think he would have been better when we were looking for someone who was on board with Analytics.

He would still be my first choice, I just dream of what could have been :-P

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I wanted Matt Patricia REALLY bad 2 years ago.

I still LOVE him as a head coach, though I think he would have been better when we were looking for someone who was on board with Analytics.

He would still be my first choice, I just dream of what could have been :-P

I don't know, man.  I might be a pessimist, but I hear his name, and I think Romeo Crennell all over again.  He'd probably run a Maurice Carthon-inspired offense, too.  He just scares me.

On 12/6/2017 at 2:45 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I wouldn't mind one of the NE guys, I think they could work with a analytics FO. 

I liked Flipp as well. 

Haven't you had enough NE guys?  Mangini, Romeo?  They don't work here (or too many other coaching stops, for that matter)....Josh McDaniels, Charles Weis....I don't know, man....

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I thought the Browns said that Hue is gonna be the coach heading into 2018?

Toub or Nagy seem like they would be good hires if Dorsey wants to draw from the Chiefs well.

A lot of people think Toub has been deserving of a shot for a long time.

They said that about Romeo, too....

Can you all figure out who the best coach would be that has ties to Dorsey of any kind?  I wouldn't be surprised if it went that way.  Now, I know Toub fits that description.  He might be okay.  But, I read something about the Andy Reid coaching tree.  They said, you can talk about the NE tree, but the one to look at is Andy Reid's.  So, maybe Reid has a guy he is grooming to be a head coach, and he can give Dorsey a high recommendation.  Nagy?  I don't know too much about him, but then I didn't know too much about Sean McVay, either.  Maybe we should hire Mike SIngletary.  I like his thinking.  I WANT (A) WINNER(s)!

47 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I don't know, man.  I might be a pessimist, but I hear his name, and I think Romeo Crennell all over again.  He'd probably run a Maurice Carthon-inspired offense, too.  He just scares me.

I understand your hesitation, but this isn't a guy who has just spun around the NFL because of his attachment to Parcells and Belicheck.

Patricia graduated from RPI with a degree in Engineering.  He is a computer wiz and everyone who's worked with him is floored by his intelligence.  He has been a coach of both offense and defense and he knows the game of football.  I think hes the perfect candidate to be a Head Coach in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I understand your hesitation, but this isn't a guy who has just spun around the NFL because of his attachment to Parcells and Belicheck.

Patricia graduated from RPI with a degree in Engineering.  He is a computer wiz and everyone who's worked with him is floored by his intelligence.  He has been a coach of both offense and defense and he knows the game of football.  I think hes the perfect candidate to be a Head Coach in the NFL.

My son is a student at RPI.  Fortunately for him, he is a hell of a lot smarter than I am.  

Obviously, Harbaugh would be ideal, but it is very doubtful, a solid HCing candidate would take the Cleveland job, with an owner like Haslam. Hopefully, Dorsey has someone in mind, who is willing to work for him, even with Haslam in the picture, otherwise, we could end up with a bottom of the barrel candidate.

Archived