Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

This is twice the field has been brought up and criticized. Whats the short version story here?

Old turf was criticiized and hated by players as being dangerous.  Brand new turf installed this year.  4 plays in = torn achilles.

30 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2023/09/11/aaron-rodgers-injury-metlife-stadium-turf/

They replaced the turf this year, but it still isn't grass, and unclear if it contributed to Rodgers' injury.

Thanks @Packerraymond and Ruskie.

Geez....I've had the Sunday NFL Ticket for literally 25 years and watch a lot of football. I must still be living on a rock. I don't know how I missed this, and all the injuries related alone to MetLife stadium. Would that stadium with 2 home teams survive with a grass field? WOuld seem to be a tall task that far north.

26 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I can't understand why anyone is crying about 8 years of Aaron Rodgers. Whatever criticism you have, he still brought home the Lombardi and routinely went to the playoffs.

Through the lens of a Jets fan, you just come off as a spoiled brat with these remarks.

Super Bowls are the only thing that matter.

He brought us one when he had the God given ability to get us 4.

If you can’t understand that, you must be a fan of a team with a single Super Bowl win before you were born.

9 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, that's my point.

Lol, sorry man. But yeah, Rodgers is a great QB if you can enjoy a fun season.

My expectations and what I want out of football? I’d literally have enjoyed being a Jets fan the past few years more.

If no Super Bowl, I at least want to be able to enjoy elite defense.

I hate offense.

24 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Super Bowls are the only thing that matter.

He brought us one when he had the God given ability to get us 4.

If you can’t understand that, you must be a fan of a team with a single Super Bowl win before you were born.

SB take a team. Rodgers would have had a legitimate chance to win a SB with this Jets roster as unlike most of his teams with the Packers, he would have had a elite defense. All we need a QB to do is not screw it up.

21 minutes ago, MacReady said:

My expectations and what I want out of football? I’d literally have enjoyed being a Jets fan the past few years more.

Now I know you're not a serious person. Watching Zach Wilson get sacked 10 times a game because defenses just stack the box in Cover 1 knowing he can't beat them while your elite players rot for 3 years straight is torture. I barely have the mental energy to turn the TV on anymore on Sundays.

23 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Lol, sorry man. But yeah, Rodgers is a great QB if you can enjoy a fun season.

If no Super Bowl, I at least want to be able to enjoy elite defense.

I hate offense.

Your team won a Super Bowl in your lifetime. Do you realize how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl? Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts....some of the greatest QBs to ever play never won a Super Bowl. There are 12 teams that have never won a Super Bowl. TWELVE. You got to witness at least one considering I don't know how old you are? I've been alive for my team to win two and only remember one. This is craziness to me. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Who could have been greater if he threw it to a wide open Lazard in the last Niners Championship game, in the loss to the Lions, in pretty much every big loss since 2018.

I just love this. The conversations go:

Me: Show proof and video evidence of Rodgers sucking by making things harder than they have to be (play clearly designed as a quick slant with the tackle creating a passing lane for the receiver who is wide open).

Arguer: Aaron Rodgers is great.

Me: But he could have been better if he didn't cripple himself.

Arguer: Stop with the evidence, he's great.

Aaron Rodgers in 4 Championship games:

1-3 record.

94 completions.
148 attempts.
63%
1,035 yards
259 yards per game
6.99 yards per attempt
6 touchdowns
7 interceptions

Scroll through this page here. It shows Lazard wide open right in front of his face about 12 dozen times. This is going back a few years, but that's okay because his last play as a Packer... Lazard was wide open right in front of his face, but he chucks it to a triple covered Watson for an interception.

He's done it since 2018 and has cost the Packers significantly.

Now he cost the Jets their season, but he did it early for them, which was nice of him.

Nobody cares about you posting your own YouTube videos. Worry about your own team instead of ****ting on the Jets and their fans at one of their lowest moments.