Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah the OL is not why he got hurt...and the Jets have invested heavily into their OL.

He was pressured literally every drop back on what is described as designed quickread dropbacks.

You say the Jets have invested heavily in OL. No. They have spent two 1sts on this current OL - that’s not more than other teams. Their LT is one of the smallest investments in a LT league wide. They knew they had Rodgers during this draft, but instead of grabbing an OT (1st round talents were still available, despite the Pitt/Jones jump), they go with a rotational player.

Edited by Duluther

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Your team won a Super Bowl in your lifetime. Do you realize how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl? Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts....some of the greatest QBs to ever play never won a Super Bowl. There are 12 teams that have never won a Super Bowl. TWELVE. You got to witness at least one considering I don't know how old you are? I've been alive for my team to win two and only remember one. This is craziness to me. 

I like how the most recent QB you listed is in their 60’s. The NFL has evolved into an extremely QB-pro league. To win but one SB when you have 10+ years of Rodgers’ talent is undervalue. And that’s not due to anyone but Rodgers - the Packers always assembled good rosters.

8 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I like how the most recent QB you listed is in their 60’s. The NFL has evolved into an extremely QB-pro league. To win but one SB when you have 10+ years of Rodgers’ talent is undervalue. And that’s not due to anyone but Rodgers - the Packers always assembled good rosters.

That's debatable.. they've had some bad defenses before.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I could've added Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan as well. Cam Newton too. It was just an assortment of names. I didn't go through listing them all. There's also some very good QBs who only have one Super Bowl win. Its just a stupid thing to hang over Rodgers shoulder. 

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

Morals of the event:

- NFL, protect your investment. Go grass, not turf.

- NFL, develop your investment. Currently, there is no plan in place to develop backup QB’s. Start an in season program or offseason program/league for this purpose.

- Teams, offensive lineman are important. Getting 39yr old Rodgers without a line is the same as getting a Corvette without full-coverage insurance. 

Best team Rodgers ever played for though 🙄

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

SEASON SAVED!

I honestly hope he does get a chance...oh, sorry Jets fans. That is not kind of me. It would be a disaster, I promise. There are many reasons why Shannalynch had a sit down with Kaep back in early 2017...Kaep doesn't play NFL caliber ball. He plays streetball, like Jamarcus. "Study film? What? Why? I'm too strong and fast for that!"

• Like 1