GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Speculation but a reasonable one tbh. We already know their plan with Bak this season and it's that he simply will not practice at all during the week but will then be good to go for the game. He wasn't on the final injury report ahead of last weeks game which was on grass, but was put on it for this week with them playing on turf. We already know his thoughts on turf and he made it very clear again after the Rodgers injury.

Ok fair enough I didn’t know that had been the plan all season. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

So it was Bak.......yes, I'd think he'd play in the DET game because it's at home....or at least, it's more of a knee health situation. Our other Thursday night game is on the road in DET....in which case, it's probably gonna be a turf issue. 

The NOLA game is at home next Sunday. The issue is the Detroit game is 4 days later at home vs. Detroit. Can he turn around and play in 4 days, 3 days rest? 

If he can, then why is he out today. TURF! 

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Seems like if baks just choosing to sit out he could be suspended without pay for conduct detrimental to team?

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

At minimum he should not be getting a game check.  

If Walker or Nijman plays well today, trading Bak may be a option at the deadline, although his value is going down sitting tuft games. The number of teams we can trade him do went down significantly because of the turf situation. 

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Do you think he's going to be able to turn around and play on 3 days rest? I see no chance of that happening. 

I don't think his health is the issue, he can play. I think this is totally about him not wanting to play on turf and the Packers kissing his ***. Basically he's replaced 12 in that department.

Edited by packfanfb

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The NOLA game is at home next Sunday. The issue is the Detroit game is 4 days later at home vs. Detroit. Can he turn around and play in 4 days, 3 days rest? 

If he can, then why is he out today. TURF! 

Yes...I understood what you meant and replied "yes" - I think he can do it. Do I know he can? Nope.
The field surface plays to our favor.....so it simply becomes a knee-health thing. I'm not taking the fact that he's not practicing on Thursdays as evidence he cant play in any Thursday games....but no GB doctors are actually telling me the condition of his knee.

Edited by Leader

Just now, packfanfb said:

I don't think his health is the issue, he can play. I think is totally about him not wanting to play on turf and the Packers kissing his ***. Basically he's replaced 12 in that department.

Hope whoever plays today does well. Gives us a bit of hope trading Bak won't be a disaster. His value is going down because of this bull**** in any potential trade. I know, trading him is highly unlikely. 

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

At minimum he should not be getting a game check.  

Agreed.  I would think the team and Bak would have to be on page with this to some degree.

My question to Bak would be, so if your team makes it to the Super Bowl and it’s on turf you’re sitting out?…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I don't think his health is the issue, he can play. I think this is totally about him not wanting to play on turf and the Packers kissing his ***. Basically he's replaced 12 in that department.

He's basically become an outspoken primadonna that doesn't really fit what the Packers are trying to build.  Ship him off.