Jump to content
Chiefs_5627

Peters suspended 1 game

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

We'll be missing Cooper from what it looks like as he is still in the C protocol and in a walking boot so I'd consider this a push.

Time for Revis to earn his paycheck. 

I miss when Peters wanted to mix it up with who he was guarding. All he does is back up 10 yards and tries to close on the WR when a QB takes advantage of the coushion and instead of tackling he just tries to strip the ball which worked once on Jamaal Charles lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. I remember the attitude concerns from when we drafted him, and it really seemed like he was a guy who was maturing and figuring it out as those first two seasons went on. He had a moment or two of poor judgment throughout that, like punting the ball against Carolina, but he didn't seem like a problem. But he's getting worse and worse as the season goes on, and his play on the field is not justifying the attitude and the penalties he's gotten. You can't be soft as a tackler and get post-play fouls. Just not okay. So hopefully this gets him in check.

Honestly, I think this is the best decision from the team from a leadership perspective all year. Finally a glimpse of accountability. And I'm glad it came from the team.

 

And I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but I don't think any of this happens with Berry back there. The team is more mature and more disciplined with him there. Makes it both amazing to have him and worriesome about the holes he clearly patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Time for Revis to earn his paycheck. 

I miss when Peters wanted to mix it up with who he was guarding. All he does is back up 10 yards and tries to close on the WR when a QB takes advantage of the coushion and instead of tackling he just tries to strip the ball which worked once on Jamaal Charles lol

In fairness, this is much more a Sutton problem than a Peters one. Peters has his issues (fear of tackling this year, and his immaturity), but the depth of alignment by our CBs is 100% a coordinator decision. Peters doesn't choose whether he's in press or off coverage anymore than Houston decides whether he's blitzing or in zone coverage. I have no doubt if Peters was allowed to choose he'd always press. CBs are cocky like that.

But it's Sutton. It's all part of the same bend-but-don't-break philosophy that also leads to 3 man rushes, soft man coverage, and infrequent blitzing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

 

But it's Sutton. It's all part of the same bend-but-don't-break philosophy that also leads to 3 man rushes, soft man coverage, and infrequent blitzing.

Giving up 38 points to a loser team shows me Sutton can't even get this right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 4:58 PM, Jakuvious said:

In fairness, this is much more a Sutton problem than a Peters one. Peters has his issues (fear of tackling this year, and his immaturity), but the depth of alignment by our CBs is 100% a coordinator decision. Peters doesn't choose whether he's in press or off coverage anymore than Houston decides whether he's blitzing or in zone coverage. I have no doubt if Peters was allowed to choose he'd always press. CBs are cocky like that.

But it's Sutton. It's all part of the same bend-but-don't-break philosophy that also leads to 3 man rushes, soft man coverage, and infrequent blitzing.

Protesting.  That is on both Peters and the Owner of the team/coaches.  Tossing a flag. That is on Peters even if he is right about the call it is still dumb.  Choosing not to tackle,  this is on Peters and if your not helping in turnovers every game then you do not get a free pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Giving up 38 points to a loser team shows me Sutton can't even get this right.

I think you mean 38 points to a winning team. The losing team only scored 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valkrei said:

Protesting.  That is on both Peters and the Owner of the team/coaches.  Tossing a flag. That is on Peters even if he is right about the call it is still dumb.  Choosing not to tackle,  this is on Peters and if your not helping in turnovers every game then you do not get a free pass.

Protesting has nothing to do with his play on the field. Zero.

The flag tossing was dumb. He's obviously frustrated and it's something needs to be dealt with. It looks like Andy is trying suspending him. We'll see how that goes.

The tackling issue needs fixing for sure. I really miss Brandon Flowers on some of these plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, valkrei said:

Protesting.  That is on both Peters and the Owner of the team/coaches.  Tossing a flag. That is on Peters even if he is right about the call it is still dumb.  Choosing not to tackle,  this is on Peters and if your not helping in turnovers every game then you do not get a free pass.

I'm not talking about his play, I'm talking about his alignment. As I said, he has his issues this year. But who I quoted criticized him for backing off so much in coverage, but thats a DC's decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think you mean 38 points to a winning team. The losing team only scored 31.

But Sutton's "bend don't break" defense broke. They gave up 38 pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I think you mean 38 points to a winning team. The losing team only scored 31.

Lol you both are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×