Browns v Stillers: A GDT (if it’s deemed acceptable to Candy of course)

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Y’all know the drill, who wins?

2. 2. Do you due it?

3. 3. How are you Nate?

Week 2.  The first place and undefeated Browns travel to play the winless, last place Steelers on Monday night. Yes, you read correctly.

Hopefully it’s an exciting game, I’m gonna need it to stay awake as I’m too old for prime time games.   I know you boomers understand.

Discuss.

• Like 2

Ngl, I’m not expecting a win here.

Why?  Because this ain’t my first rodeo.  

Maybe I’ve just been beaten into submission over the years… decades even, but this is the exact type of situation where we (the team, the fans, everyone) start feeling ourselves a bit too much and the Steelers do what they typically do and kick our teeth in physically and drag us back to reality on a national stage.

Hope I’m wrong.

• Like 4

IN Pittsburgh 

ON MNF

Against a humiliated opponent who has a rich and proud history 

Fresh off a huge home statement divisional win 

I have Pittsburgh winning this one in an ugly and low scoring type game where Watson gets sacked about 7+ times and we have like 37 rushing yards as a team.

These are the games that we need to win to gain momentum and seize opportunities, but until we do, I can’t bet on us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

The best team on paper doesn't always win!  This time though...it's going to happen!!!!!  Picket is not a good QB!  Go Browns!!!!!!

Yeah that’s the part that can’t be overlooked. This ain’t the same team and Pickett isn’t a guy who is going to carry a team imo.

Heyward being out is huge too, he always beats the hell out of us.

Game related-

I’ll be really curious to see the flow and pace we want for this one. Without monsoon rain, we might take more deep shots on 1st down.

I could tell Stefanski wanted to do that against Cinci, but it simply wasn’t going to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Game related-

I’ll be really curious to see the flow and pace we want for this one. Without monsoon rain, we might take more deep shots on 1st down.

I could tell Stefanski wanted to do that against Cinci, but it simply wasn’t going to happen.

The Stillers have also been very stout against the run since, like, forever.  Chubb has struggled getting going against them as much if not more than any other team.

While I think Stefanski and Watson are gonna wanna open things up and let ‘er rip, I do think getting them into sub packages helps us.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Stillers have also been very stout against the run since, like, forever.  Chubb has struggled getting going against them as much if not more than any other team.

While I think Stefanski and Watson are gonna wanna open things up and let ‘er rip, I do think getting them into sub packages helps us.

A big reason for that is also cam Heyward though

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I see no reason why our defense cannot make Pickett feel any less pressured than San Fran did

The Browns pessimist in me thinks this game is primetime IN Pittsburgh, thats tough. There is no way the Steelers play as poorly as they did week 1, they are just too well coached and lastly there is no way the Browns defense is able to be that dominant again especially on the road this time.

On paper, they should easily win this game but as a Browns fan I know that is just a trap and this game is going to be much closer and a lot harder than some think

However, opening up the season with wins against 2 divisional opponents is niiiiiiiiice

Edited by AkronsWitness