The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No I don't disagree. If we can snag Kyler Murray for a good price (2nd or less), I would be happy with him as our QB as well.

I worry about the rumors surrounding him. There's a lot of smoke around his pride, his work ethic, it's like he's not taking this job seriously nor like a professional. And I'm not talking about the contract provision, its the stuff that's come out after that that's confirmed the need for that provision. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Some things can be true and false about the team at the same time

#1 the team is 1-1 after two games.

#2 this was a bad scheduling spot for the Raiders. Teams coming back from an a game in Denver is like 18% against the spread. 2nd road game of the season to start. Possibly the two most difficult stadiums to play at.

#3 we played KNEW Buffalo a super bowl contender would come on fire after losing week 1

#4 Jimmy G is a middle of the road QB. He has strengths and weaknesses like Carr. We just held on Carr FAR too long. I actually think we should consider trading Jimmy to the Jets especially if they offer a 1st. I don’t wanna punt on the season but there’s a chance that AOC is already a better option at QB going forward and we could win more games this year with him. We have to see if he’s a real guy because the next two seasons QB classes are stacked

#5 The defense is also middle of the road. We can’t grade them on that too harsh today. Bills can be a Offensive juggernaut. They’ll put up 30+ several more times this year. I like to see Nesta get some run

Dude....come on back to reality, there's plenty of space. Nobody is offering a 1st round pick for Jimmy G. Not the Jets, not the Cardinals, not the Montreal Alouettes, not the Prague whatevers. 

• Like 3

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Dude....come on back to reality, there's plenty of space. Nobody is offering a 1st round pick for Jimmy G. Not the Jets, not the Cardinals, not the Montreal Alouettes, not the Prague whatevers. 

Do you know what I think this is? We signed garapolo the minute that the tampering. Started so no one knows what value he had to the rest of the league. Lol

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I worry about the rumors surrounding him. There's a lot of smoke around his pride, his work ethic, it's like he's not taking this job seriously nor like a professional. And I'm not talking about the contract provision, its the stuff that's come out after that that's confirmed the need for that provision. 

Agreed. I wouldn't touch Murray with a 10 foot pole. Way way way too many issues. 

If he was that good and worth the headache, he won't be available. 

And, frankly, the Cardinals O looking more polished with Dobbs and Tune should concern people hedging on his football talent. 

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Oh for sure. I haven't looked into it either. He's also mega talented and athletic. Granted we'll see what the price looks like coming off injury and where we draft, but it's definitely an option to look into.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Do you know what I think this is? We signed garapolo the minute that the tampering. Started so no one knows what value he had to the rest of the league. Lol

It's possible, but there's no way the rest of the league valued him with a 1st going into the yeat. If any were insane enough to do so, he's done nothing these last 2 weeks to warrant them keeping that assessment. 

My guess is we could get a 4th. And at that point, just keep him as insurance and start AOC. 

49 minutes ago, NickButera said:

You know the worst part about this is I predict a lot of teams are going to be in the market for a QB this offseason.

• Cardinals are done with Murray
  • Falcons (Ridder is mediocre but their team is going to be decent this year and could be the perfect catalyst for them
  • Lions : Same spot as the Falcons, their team is getting better and is young, and they could be catapulted by a rookie franchise QB
  • Raiders
  • Rams: They need youth at QB
  • Vikings: Cousins is always mediocre to good. He's like a Carr. Teams have enough of him and think they can get better quite often
  • Giants: This is make or break year for Jones and thus far it looks like hes broken
  • Bears - I think this is Fields make or break year too
  • Steelers: If Picket plays as bad this season as last I can see them moving on
  • Bucs: Baker. Enough said.
  • Commanders. Howell and Brisset aren't long term viable. 

Sure, there may be 2-4 of these QB's that play well enough to keep their jobs going into 2024. But we could easily see 7-10 teams be ready to pounce on a great QB class when their current options are playing mediocre for the past 2+ years

Also because there are so many good qb's coming out, the price to move up will be lower

Ugly day all around. Days like this happen. Played a good team with a top 3 QB. Bills have averaged 31 at home in their last 11 games. They bounce back big off losses. Team is 1-1 with a winnable home game next week. 

Not going to panic unless this becomes a consistent thing. 

This is the feel good week for the haters they've been waiting for. Talk your trash now, it's a long season. 

This fan base is so emotional.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's possible, but there's no way the rest of the league valued him with a 1st going into the yeat. If any were insane enough to do so, he's done nothing these last 2 weeks to warrant them keeping that assessment. 

My guess is we could get a 4th. And at that point, just keep him as insurance and start AOC. 

He's restructured his contract twice before the season started. That makes me feel like his values low

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The result was expected. Not mad at it. Started off fast that tipped pick was the ball game. 

Exactly, and most of you will be changing your tunes again when we beat down the Steelers. Look as a gambler I knew this was a rough spot for us, would i have liked us to look better yes of course. But I had Buffalo on all my survivors. Things a gambler see's, East coast early start vs a West coast team, back to back road games, big week 1 win against division opponent this was an obvious flat spot for this team. That being said they have a lot to work on, especially run blocking, we already know Jimmy not going to do it with his arm and no run game. Defense they better find someone who can pressure up the middle fast. This team can still gel as the season progress. 

Steelers will beat a division rival as a home dog on Monday night, then have a short week coming to Vegas, Raiders home opener. Raiders will win by double digits and be 2-1, you heard it here first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ugly day all around. Days like this happen. Played a good team with a top 3 QB. Bills have averaged 31 at home in their last 11 games. They bounce back big off losses. Team is 1-1 with a winnable home game next week. 

This is the feel good week for the haters they've been waiting for. Talk your trash now, it's a long season. 

The "haters" aren't the ones waiting for something that hasn't happened before to happen. We're just consistently right about this doofus you continue to defend. 

I think I'd leave the smugness at home after that performance, chief. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Who are the haters though? This team showed its colors against a real contender. We aren't even in the vicinity. Against a good team, we can't block, generate pressure, and we lack a QB who has the ability to make plays with his feet or throw down the field with any kind of consistency.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are the haters though? This team showed its colors against a real contender. We aren't even in the vicinity. Against a good team, we can't block, generate pressure, and we lack a QB who has the ability to make plays with his feet or throw down the field with any kind of consistency.  

He's just living on a prayer that someday his ridiculous defenses of McDaniels will give him the ability to say he was right all along since he hedged his bet so hard on them and the supposed theory of the "Patriot Way".

Unfortunately for our resident Bon Jovi, we're not even remotely close to halfway there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think we beat the Steelers next week. Dont really think this week is indicative of anything new.

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can't play the broncos every week 

• Like 1