A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

56% on 26 passes a game is good to these guys.

Are you serious or trolling? Rodgers in year one had a very talented and experienced WR group to work with. Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson. Finley. Love is throwing to, Doubs, Wicks, Toure, Heath, Musgrave. Tell me who had the better weapons to start with? Rodgers should have the better starting QB1 career over Love.

The man is still putting up points with a bunch of young players he never played with. At least give him a full year LOL.

13 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He's got to get better for sure, but he's doing a lot of good things out there.  I don't think Gute did him a lot of favors this year with and extremely inexperienced receiving crew.  Hopefully the entire bunch will get fully on the same page as we venture further into the season.  Being without Watson, Jones, Bakhtiari and Jenkins yesterday is a pretty tall task for even a veteran QB let alone a guy making his 3rd NFL start.  

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If we didn't score til the second quarter...how did we have the best possible outcome on the first drive?

That makes no sense.

And it doesn't change the fact that Love's completion percentage early and late has been bad. Hopefully it's not a trend, but it's happened both games.

19 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If we didn't score til the second quarter...how did we have the best possible outcome on the first drive?

That makes no sense.

And it doesn't change the fact that Love's completion percentage early and late has been bad. Hopefully it's not a trend, but it's happened both games.

Green Bay scored on Loves very first drive as a starter..... read the right box score before you formulate your theories.

15 minutes ago, StatKing said:

No.  But thru 2 games this is how he ranks:

118.8 passer rating - 1st place

6 TD's - tied for 1st place

O INT's - tied for 1st place

76.3 QBR - 4th place

Is there room for improvement? Yes, but we should all be extatic about his performance so far. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Terrible, just terrible take! 

Riddler had his full complement of offensive players. Love was without Bak, Jenkins, Jones and Watson. He still threw 3 TD passes. 

If you think he was going to be comfortable with his blind side protectors being backups and one of them Newman, you just aren't that bright. 

The reality, not your take, was MLF didn't trust the other 10 guys out there to do their job so he could run the whole offense and not get his quarterback killed. 

This ^^^ Plus the fact they ran for over 200 yards on us!

25 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Are you serious or trolling? Rodgers in year one had a very talented and experienced WR group to work with. Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson. Finley. Love is throwing to, Doubs, Wicks, Toure, Heath, Musgrave. Tell me who had the better weapons to start with? Rodgers should have the better starting QB1 career over Love.

The man is still putting up points with a bunch of young players he never played with. At least give him a full year LOL.

I'm going to say it once last time because apparently it's hard for Packers fans to comprehend. The year is 2023, not 2008. Aaron Rodgers career has no relevance to Jordan Loves.

All you guys are doing is making excuses. The guy wasn't accurate in college and so far he's struggled with accuracy in the pros. I want the guy to be good but being critical doesn't make me a troll or hater.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm going to say it once last time because apparently it's hard for Packers fans to comprehend. The year is 2023, not 2008. Aaron Rodgers career has no relevance to Jordan Loves.

All you guys are doing is making excuses. The guy wasn't accurate in college and so far he's struggled with accuracy in the pros. I want the guy to be good but being critical doesn't make me a troll or hater.

76.3 QBR - 4th place

2nd start as a starter missing Watson, Jones, Bakh, Jenkins and Doubs on a snap count

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I think accuracy is a bit of a hurdle he needs to cross,  but in the presser today MLF laid the blame on Doubs on a late Love overthrow. I think the routes aren't all being run to perfection out there. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think accuracy is a bit of a hurdle he needs to cross,  but in the presser today MLF laid the blame on Doubs on a late Love overthrow. I think the routes aren't all being run to perfection out there. 

No wonder Rodgers wouldn't throw the ball to these guys.

10 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

76.3 QBR - 4th place

2nd start as a starter missing Watson, Jones, Bakh, Jenkins and Doubs on a snap count

He's been alright. I think it's safe to say at this point he isn't a bust. I just dont see anything special about him so far. Hopefully I'm wrong but everything so far tells me he's more of a Derek Carr than a Patrick Mahomes.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

To expand on my point...in the first quarter of games so far, Jordan Love is 5 of 12 for 62 yards.  That's when he is running specific, scripted plays they've run in practice that week.  And the execution is just bad.  I don't know if LaFleur needs to reevaluate what plays he is scripting or if Love has been just slow to start, but it hasn't been pretty.

Love is also 4 of 11 for 71 yards in the 4th quarter so far this year.  So he's averaging less than 40% of his passes completed between the beginning and end of games.

That's where the improvement needs to take place.  He's crushing the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2239997/jordan-love/splits/

This is interesting data. Now I'm curious how young Rodgers looked across these splits (and other young QBs generally)

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

He's been alright. I think it's safe to say at this point he isn't a bust. I just dont see anything special about him so far. Hopefully I'm wrong but everything so far tells me he's more of a Derek Carr than a Patrick Mahomes.

Derek Carr pre-ACL injury was an MVP candidate. He also would of had a much more successful career if not for Raiders FO and coaching coral. If Love turns out to be on the level of prime Derek Carr, that is a player at QB.

Edited by Mdpackfan22