Tank & Ty’s Tank for Caleb Thread

Ty21

I'm not fully embracing the tank until we have a 6+game evaluation of Bagent (though admittedly that means I'm 99.99999% on the tank train, because the odds are about as good as that time the kid in a wheel chair had to play the hunger games) 

More than willing to trade Fields literally tomorrow, and fire the entire coaching staff anytime

I'm already over 75% on firing Poles as well. 2 seasons and he steadfastly refused to address the offensive line both times, save the Right tackle and one backup LT. Sorry, but if you line up 3rd and 1 that "1" shouldn't be a Longshot. Go buy the current line some dresses and let them have a tea party with the little girls and get some big burly men to bully some defensive linemen and steal their lunch money... Hate this scheme always trying to be cute and dance around people instead of just taking the ball and saying "I'm going here, anyone in my way is going to regret their life choices" 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Mitch Trubisky career pick sixes: 0

Justin Fields pick sixes this season: 2

Tru is really allergic to the endzone isn't he?

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Looking at both teams' schedules, I'm not really sure how the Bears lose more games than Arizona. The Bears could beat Carolina, Vegas, Arizona and Atlanta- perhaps even Minnesota

Who does Arizona beat? Maybe Houston? Perhaps the Rams once? Atlanta? (hopefully) Chicago?

Idk. Bears fire Getsy and hand the reins to Janocko at least there will be an air of slight optimism for 2-3 games.

But this team is so wonky right now I could see 2 wins being ridiculous upsets while blowing 2-3 solid early leads.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

I'm not fully embracing the tank until we have a 6+game evaluation of Bagent (though admittedly that means I'm 99.99999% on the tank train, because the odds are about as good as that time the kid in a wheel chair had to play the hunger games) 

More than willing to trade Fields literally tomorrow, and fire the entire coaching staff anytime

I'm already over 75% on firing Poles as well. 2 seasons and he steadfastly refused to address the offensive line both times, save the Right tackle and one backup LT. Sorry, but if you line up 3rd and 1 that "1" shouldn't be a Longshot. Go buy the current line some dresses and let them have a tea party with the little girls and get some big burly men to bully some defensive linemen and steal their lunch money... Hate this scheme always trying to be cute and dance around people instead of just taking the ball and saying "I'm going here, anyone in my way is going to regret their life choices" 

If the Baers go to Bagent they are tanking already. 

• Like 1

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

If the Baers go to Bagent they are tanking already. 

The irony is..... They don't think they're tanking, while actively tanking by playing Fields...

but they will play Bagent to actively tank, when he's their only shot of not tanking left.

I find it funny  that some people think Tyson Bagent is actually going to be the answer over Fields. An undrafted free agent we're talking about here...

Yes it's a cool story and I'm happy for the kid that he made the team but people need to pump the brakes a bit here.l

It's the classic Chicago Bears fan syndrome of thinking the backup QB is always better 

The question is would Caleb Williams actually want to play in Chicago if we somehow luck out again with pick 1 given the Bears piss poor history of being able to develop QBs / build offensive systems that are conducive the QB success? 

Based on what I heard  from his camp he sounds pretty content to stay in college another year vs  say going to go a QB graveyard like that of the Bears

32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The question is would Caleb Williams actually want to play in Chicago if we somehow luck out again with pick 1 given the Bears piss poor history of being able to develop QBs / build offensive systems that are conducive the QB success? 

Based on what I heard  from his camp he sounds pretty content to stay in college another year vs  say going to go a QB graveyard like that of the Bears

Didn't he have comments recently from him or his old man threatening staying in school, with the presumption being that he was trying to avoid Arizona? Yeah, I actually see a very real argument that also applies to us.

I've also said that I think if we drafted Deon Sanders' kid, that Deon himself would have a press conference saying "hell no my boy isn't playing for them bums" or something along those lines. Eli Manning level holdout.

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I find it funny  that some people think Tyson Bagent is actually going to be the answer over Fields. An undrafted free agent we're talking about here...

Yes it's a cool story and I'm happy for the kid that he made the team but people need to pump the brakes a bit here.l

It's the classic Chicago Bears fan syndrome of thinking the backup QB is always better 

As the primary person beating the Bagent drum right now..... It's not that he's the answer, it's that he's still a question mark and Fields is NOT the answer. I am 100% confident that he'd win 2 more games this year under center than Fields. He has footwork, quick release, plays in rythm and throws with anticipation.... Those things ALONE make him better than Fields, and that's before accounting for how gun shy Fields has been.  Fact is, we need to see what the kid can do before the end of the season, and every game we continue to waste on Fields is in the way of that.  I've also repeatedly pointed out that he'd basically need a HISTORIC season to stop us from drafting a QB next spring. Peyton Manning,  one of the best QBs of all time, and a slam dunk #1 pick, was still abysmal his rookie season. There would be massive growing pains throwing Bagent in there, and there'd be a number of INTs specifically because he throws the ball before the receiver breaks because he expects the receiver to be there, and he's gonna get fooled by NFL coverages. That said, you're already down to 15 games to evaluate the kid, and if there's even some small chance he could develop into a real starter you have to find out.

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Williams cares about his brand. I doubt he'd hate playing here. If he's as advertised, he'd retire a billionaire. Trubisky and Grossman (and many others) shouldn't stop him. It didn't stop Burrow from going to Cincy. He'll go wherever he's drafted

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Williams cares about his brand. I doubt he'd hate playing here. If he's as advertised, he'd retire a billionaire. Trubisky and Grossman (and many others) shouldn't stop him. It didn't stop Burrow from going to Cincy. He'll go wherever he's drafted

Well burrow would’ve played for whomever had the first pick. I am delusional enough to think Chicago isn’t considered a poverty franchise on the level of some of the other poverty franchises and that he’d be fine being here.