Tank & Ty’s Tank for Caleb Thread

Ty21

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Well burrow would’ve played for whomever had the first pick. I am delusional enough to think Chicago isn’t considered a poverty franchise on the level of some of the other poverty franchises and that he’d be fine being here. 

Of course he would have, and I firmly believe Williams will do the same. His dad made one comment to GQ about "not wanting to play for a losing franchise." Well news flash, a team who just finished 2-15, 3-14 or 4-13 is a losing franchise. He is going #1 and will play for that team (of course I hope I'm wrong and he says he'd only play here :) )

• Like 3

I am not at the Fields is a bust point yet.   He has so much talent.  I just don't know why he can't do it. 

My dad has been calling it from draft and he has been telling me constantly since then. 

I really hope he isn't right.

80% of his problem is just pull the dang trigger.  Pull it!    I had an old FL coach mentor me for a time when I was coaching.  I couldn't do a lot of stuff I wanted, because kids I coached were too young, but I liked learning it all the same. 

I haven't talked to him in several years, but last I talked to him he was coaching HS QBs in Orlando area.

He would tell me how he coached them.  No other coach could coach them, but him.  No other voices.  He wanted them to understand all the whys.   If they didn't pull trigger in a set amount of time - after they made their read - he penalized them.   It was really fast too.   Different for different concepts.   But if i recall it somewhere around 2 to 2.5 seconds.  Faster on some plays.

They had to able explain what they saw and why they did what they did.  

This guy was never a High School HC (outside middle school), but he turned around every HS he went to as a QB coach or OC or a DC.   They always scored a boat load of points or shut people down.

He was a really good coach.   He knew everything about every concept and history of it.  

He coached middle school in NY for a long time (he won some pop warner national titles I think) and did other things, then moved to FL to coach HS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

What do we do when they play eachother?

I mean either way we win via draft status?

As far as Carolina looking garbo too, we draft Caleb Williams AND Drake Maye 1 and 2..... We can't possibly screw the choice up then, right?

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

Just now, Epyon said:

So we draft Caleb Williams AND Drake Maye 1 and 2..... We can't possibly screw the choice up then, right?

The competition would cause the two of them to get into a fist fight during training camp and they’d both get injured.  Bagent finally gets his time to shine.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

The competition would cause the two of them to get into a fist fight during training camp and they’d both get injured.  Bagent finally gets his time to shine.

But if all three go down, we will surely have no one else to play the position!