Tank & Ty’s Tank for Caleb Thread

Ty21

Reading up on QB prospects (in September!) And both of the top two guys could use work on holding the ball, and being a bit inconsistent on getting pocket pressure. Given how much worse our current QB has gotten with that and with likely a very similar OL next year I sure hope this current coaching team doesn't get a new QB to work with. 

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Reading up on QB prospects (in September!) And both of the top two guys could use work on holding the ball, and being a bit inconsistent on getting pocket pressure. Given how much worse our current QB has gotten with that and with likely a very similar OL next year I sure hope this current coaching team doesn't get a new QB to work with. 

I think Maye can be inconsistent in the pocket. He isn't having a good season so far. Williams is just a playmaker. He moves so easily inside of the pocket and can escape when he needs to in order to find open receivers

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

I mean either way we win via draft status?

As far as Carolina looking garbo too, we draft Caleb Williams AND Drake Maye 1 and 2..... We can't possibly screw the choice up then, right?

yeah but you want a Bears loss if you are trying to guarantee an early pick, can't guarantee anything and the Panthers are basically in a position where winning worthless games isn't a big deal

Only just started watching some film on Williams (specifically vs Notre Dame) 

Major thoughts are :

-The kid is unreal creating while off script

-I see almost nothing to indicate he does anything "on script"... Like every single play he's doing crazy Tarkington (in sure I spelled that wrong) styled scrambling back yard football. I need to see alot more film, but I actually don't like it as a first impression. 

18 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not a chance Getsy survives a Fields replacement.  Not sure about Eberflus, it probably depends on the growth of the defense as the new guys start to build some cohesion.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Maye can be inconsistent in the pocket. He isn't having a good season so far. Williams is just a playmaker. He moves so easily inside of the pocket and can escape when he needs to in order to find open receivers

Agreed,  and to be fair finding warts on Williams requires en electron microscope, but if there are things he needs to work on they're in similar categories to what Fields hasn't developed on.  Honestly I'm just trying to will the Bears into making a decent decision if this season continues to spiral. I can think of no more destructive and pointless scneario than the Bears sucking, then keeping Eberflus and Getsy, somehow getting Caleb Williams, and then trying to turn him into whatever prototype gets Getsy going, and ruining him in the process. 

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Not a chance Getsy survives a Fields replacement.  Not sure about Eberflus, it probably depends on the growth of the defense as the new guys start to build some cohesion.  

Counterpoint: It's the BEARS*

*The Chicago Bears

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
The same Chicago Bears responsible for so, so many rinse/repeat offseasons.

15 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

to be fair finding warts on Williams requires en electron microscope

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

I see almost nothing to indicate he does anything "on script"... Like every single play he's doing crazy Tarkington (in sure I spelled that wrong) styled scrambling back yard football. I need to see alot more film, but I actually don't like it as a first impression. 

It's bothering me. I'm 2 games in on the kid and every single play is just him running around like an assclown and heaving the ball downfield.

I've watched 2 entire games and I have zero idea if he can actually play an nfl offense.