John Ross is alive (old thread)

ochocinco4pres

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I hope no one is  complaining that he tried to play through it.

I'm not.  I understand it.  But it does help to explain some things.  Hopefully he's healthy next year and gets a chance to show what he can do.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm not.  I understand it.  But it does help to explain some things.  Hopefully he's healthy next year and gets a chance to show what he can do.

What does it really explain?  He tried to play through it, and they found it in an MRI or something.  It's not like Marvin gave him the old dad "I'm so disappointed in you, now tell me the truth" stare and Ross was forced to confess while shedding tears.

If they could have waited until the end of the season, they should have let him play, just like they should have given WJIII snaps at the end instead of recalling Peerman from IR.

What I really think this is about is all of the injuries/concussions from Monday night.  They have to be able to put 45 players on the field for four more weeks.  This frees up a spot.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

What does it really explain?  He tried to play through it, and they found it in an MRI or something.  It's not like Marvin gave him the old dad "I'm so disappointed in you, now tell me the truth" stare and Ross was forced to confess while shedding tears.

If they could have waited until the end of the season, they should have let him play, just like they should have given WJIII snaps at the end instead of recalling Peerman from IR.

What I really think this is about is all of the injuries/concussions from Monday night.  They have to be able to put 45 players on the field for four more weeks.  This frees up a spot.

Yes, i think you're right on the last part.  I also think it helps explain why maybe he wasn't showing well in practice.  Hard to play WR effectively if you can't move an arm.

• 5 months later...

Archived