GDT Week 3: Eagles(2-0) vs Bucs(2-0) - Monday Night Showdown

AZ_Eaglesfan

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Things Brian Johnson does good:

1) Calls runs for Swift

2)...help me out here

I really want to see some all 22 footage of theses last few games, are the receivers not open, or is Jalen missing that they are? His accuracy has been inconsistent too. I honestly don't think it's all on Brian Johnson, but he's definitely a step down from Steichen. I think Jalen needs more reps under BJ's playcalling or scheme or something before he's used to it, at least that's my hope.

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

And plays to AJĀ 

It's bugging me how Goedert has yet to catch a ball where he has no defender within 5 yards and get to yactin a fool. Steichen was so much better at making Goedert a mismatch and scheming him wide open.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Even with a bad thumb, Reddick should be able to beat Cade Otton. He got completely stalemated instead.

I'm reading this and wondering why that might be? Playing with 1 hand, or two?šŸ¤”

He didn't fall off a cliff 6 months from chasing the single season sack record.Ā  Come on Jeezla?

Just now, Jeezla said:

It's bugging me how Goedert has yet to catch a ball where he has no defender within 5 yards and get to yactin a fool. Steichen was so much better at making Goedert a mismatch and scheming him wide open.

Yeah the Goedert thing is weird but it'll get fixed in time I believe.Ā 

Our OC is doing a few things great. Just needs to iron out the rest. The running and AJ designs have been brilliant. Hope he fixes the rest asapĀ 

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

This is definitely true.

But, I also think its fair to remember Steichen had previous experience as a play caller in the NFL before he got to Philly, so he wasn't at the same starting point as Johnson is right now. Also, Chargers fans strongly disliked Steichen before we added him to our staff.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Says the man not playing with a surgically repaired Thumb from 5 weeks ago.Ā 

It's possible he did fall off a cliff. Remember Jason Babin? I'm not saying he definitely did, but even with 1 arm he should be able to beat a TE, and if not outright beat him- at least get around him a little bit. Get a tiny bit of pressure. That 1 handed guy the Seahawks drafted could probably get a sack against Cade Otton.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Something else that REALLY stands out to me. We're not really having much success passing in the middle of the field. Is this a personnel thing? Or a scheme thing? Both?

What personnel is different from last year? The scheme is trash - outside of running the ball, which is great, thereā€™s nothing in the passing game that inspires confidence.Ā 

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Chargers fans strongly disliked Steichen before we added him to our staff.

Never made sense to me. The offense hasn't been the issue for SD since Rivers. Get a defense that will hold the other team to 21 or less in a big game for once.

Edited by Jeezla