Broncofan

CIN puts WR John Ross on IR

Biggest top 10 drafted WR rookie season bust?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. The most disappointing early 1st rd WR rookie season goes to:

• John Ross CIN
    • Tavon Austin STL
    • Mike Williams DET
    • Charles Rogers DET
    • Kevin White CHI

What a disappointing rookie year to say the least.  Charles Rogers / Mike Williams / Tavon Austin territory.  

Edited by Broncofan

Looks like his season is over but did it ever begin?

He played three games, had one touch

Oooof. I knew he had a rough start, but I didn’t realize it was that bad.

Treadwell should be an option in the poll as well.

I liked him coming out, but not as a first rounder, and certainly not a top 10 pick. So far he's looking like a bust. Unable to get on the field at all.

So let me get this straight.  He practices fully every week.  Never on the injury report.  Then disappears on IR with the same shoulder injury that sidelined him during camp?

What in the world is going on here?

3 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I mean....You don't get much worse as a rookie.

At least there's some hope (like Perriman after his rookie year) that there's still something there.  He didn't play every game and totally suck.  We just never got to see him play.

I'm not familiar with Charles Rogers and Mike Williams rookie seasons but Tavon Austin doesn't even come close to the level of disappointment in his rookie year like John Ross this year.

Disappointing? Sure. But John Ross literally only had one touch that resulted in a fumble. Tavon caught 40 balls and had 6 total TDs his rookie year.

Edited by RamRod

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

At least there's some hope (like Perriman after his rookie year) that there's still something there.  He didn't play every game and totally suck.  We just never got to see him play.

Agreed. It's way too early to consider him a bust. Insanely too early. What ever happened to the 3 year rule?  All of a sudden it's cool to destroy rookies and call them busts after a few games. I thought we established how goofy that line of thinking was.

20 minutes ago, theJ said:

So let me get this straight.  He practices fully every week.  Never on the injury report.  Then disappears on IR with the same shoulder injury that sidelined him during camp?

What in the world is going on here?

Only logical explanation is that it was Marvin Lewis in the Library with the candlestick...

They should have done it earlier. He's a Marvin Lewis coached rookie. Only way he was going to see playing time in the first place was getting put on the practice squad and signed by Philly.

Next AJ Jenkins confirmed. 

No, but seriously..not a shock given Lewis. He's basically refused to put him onthe field at all from what I have gathered. Seems that this was always destined to be a redshirt year. 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Oooof. I knew he had a rough start, but I didn’t realize it was that bad.

Treadwell should be an option in the poll as well.

Only reason I didn’t add him was he was in 20’s.  Those 4 were top 10 IIRC.   Fair comp season wise though.