2018 off-season

elfman1955

I am willing to bet that we trade down from Houston's pick.  I want Fitzpatrick, but I just can't see them making two top five picks.  I guess it's a new regime (only one new position) but if I was a betting man I would put it at 80% we trade, 15% we make a pick, and 5% we mess it all up and miss our pick allowing the team behind us to jump us and pick the player we wanted.

:x

2 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I am willing to bet that we trade down from Houston's pick.  I want Fitzpatrick, but I just can't see them making two top five picks.  I guess it's a new regime (only one new position) but if I was a betting man I would put it at 80% we trade, 15% we make a pick, and 5% we mess it all up and miss our pick allowing the team behind us to jump us and pick the player we wanted.

:x

This is a possibility, but I don't put it at quite as high a % as you.  I think they are going to want to get better quickly.  I believe they are going to want to pick what they perceive to be 2 superstars.

Darnold and Barkley

Rosen and Minkah

You get the idea.

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

This is a possibility, but I don't put it at quite as high a % as you.  I think they are going to want to get better quickly.  I believe they are going to want to pick what they perceive to be 2 superstars.

Darnold and Barkley

Rosen and Minkah

You get the idea.

I'm with you and that's my preference but I could see a team like Buffalo who may want a QB trading up.  They have the ammo this year and we could potentially get 2 first rounder picks (2 this year, one next, plus some more ammo).  Then we give up the 5 pick for a mid teens, a low 20s, a likely 15-20 first next year and some change.  I think their biggest need is QB and they could possibly get over the hump if they nail that pick. 

2 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm with you and that's my preference but I could see a team like Buffalo who may want a QB trading up.  They have the ammo this year and we could potentially get 2 first rounder picks (2 this year, one next, plus some more ammo).  Then we give up the 5 pick for a mid teens, a low 20s, a likely 15-20 first next year and some change.  I think their biggest need is QB and they could possibly get over the hump if they nail that pick. 

Excellent post but  I agree because next year we may want to move up for somebody like joey bosa

Just now, mtmmike said:

Excellent post but  I agree because next year we may want to move up for somebody like joey bosa

Is he leaving the Chargers to re-enter the draft? It’s Nick Bosa. They won’t be trading up for a DE. It’s hard to think what they might need next year. 

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Darnold and Barkley

Rosen and Minkah

You get the idea.

QB and Minkah would sort of be like getting our O and D QBs moving forward.

7 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Darnold and Barkley

Rosen and Minkah

You get the idea.

I really, really hope you're right. If it was Sashi, it would be 100% lock they would trade down from at least one of those picks, but with Dorsey, who knows. It sure sounds like he wants high caliber impact players, and wants to win sooner rather than later, so hopefully he does the right thing.

Hopefully Dorsey doesnt feel that he shouldnt trade down just so he can be opposite of Sashi in order to appease fans.

Say the texans get us pick 3.  Someone mentioned both buffalos firsts this year and their 2019 first???  Yes please.  Cant see them doing that though, let alone add to it.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:10 PM, Reginaldm9 said:

No matter what we do in the draft, I expect a lot of money to come out in FA. Gonna be weird when get stuck at like 7-9 or 8-8 forever because we couldn't sit and wait for Sashi to execute his master plan. 

This is my concern, too.

Archived