2018 off-season

elfman1955

8 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Rod Johnson would be satisfied with a job half finished and I think 10-6 would be the absolute peak. I can very easily see us stuck in mediocrity for years in that good but not good enough group. The stupid jokes will go away and the constant overturn will go away and maybe even free agents and draft prospect will even stop trying to avoid us like the plague, but we will still ultimately be nothing. Heck I don't even want to settle for a Cincinnati Bengals type run where they were a playoff team 4-5 years in a row. They still never won one of those games and were never really a threat to win one let alone go far.

Yep 10-6 would be pretty cool

10 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Rod Johnson would be satisfied with a job half finished and I think 10-6 would be the absolute peak. I can very easily see us stuck in mediocrity for years in that good but not good enough group. The stupid jokes will go away and the constant overturn will go away and maybe even free agents and draft prospect will even stop trying to avoid us like the plague, but we will still ultimately be nothing. Heck I don't even want to settle for a Cincinnati Bengals type run where they were a playoff team 4-5 years in a row. They still never won one of those games and were never really a threat to win one let alone go far.

Unfortunately it is very likely necessary to do whatever we can to have a winning season or two if we ever want to get to the point of attracting the top coaches/players.

If those types of guys avoid us like they do now then we will never win with that sort of competitive disadvantage 

7 hours ago, duke2056 said:

If those types of guys avoid us like they do now then we will never win with that sort of competitive disadvantage 

I think that they will avoid us as long as the Haslams own the team.

Look at where we are now:  Worst HC and OC in the NFL. Unknown "football guy" gearing up to spend our cap and draft capital to get the worst HC and OC the kind of players he wants. Dysfunctional organizational structure with ownership that has not made many, if any, right choices about anything yet.

We are doomed.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:10 PM, Reginaldm9 said:

No matter what we do in the draft, I expect a lot of money to come out in FA. Gonna be weird when get stuck at like 7-9 or 8-8 forever because we couldn't sit and wait for Sashi to execute his master plan. 

What's this  waiting for the Master Plan mean?  Acquire every pick available in the 2021 draft?  What?  Meanwhile go 3-13 every year to show progress?  How long were we supposed to wait?  

On 12/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, bruceb said:

I am serious.

Dorsey has a mandate to solve the QB position.

The easiest way to do that is overpay for a stop-gap veteran like Cousins.

It is not to take the top-rated QB w/pick #1.

He knows also that the team must start winning.

I suspect that he will sign (for too much) "real football players" as in veterans since draft picks are no more than a crap shoot.

And that we will use our top picks on position players who likely can contribute immediately.

Add it all up and before you know it we are in cap hell and, if the vets he gets and picks he makes are not impact players, we are headed to NFL purgatory/mediocracy.

I'm not too worried about Dorsey's FA signings....Here is what he did in KC in 2013- That doesn't look like anybody that would break the bank, I don't think...

Kansas City Chiefs: No team has been more active in free agency than Kansas City and first-time general manager John Dorsey, which started with the acquisition of Alex Smith before free agency began. The Chiefs have done well for themselves, picking up the top corner available in Sean Smith, speedy wideout Donnie Avery, defensive lineman Mike DeVito, quarterback Chase Daniel and tight end Anthony Fasano, among others. I'm not a huge fan of the Dunta Robinsonsigning, so Kansas City gets a little knock there, but not much considering it's basically a one-year deal. Grade: A

2 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

What's this  waiting for the Master Plan mean?  Acquire every pick available in the 2021 draft?  What?  Meanwhile go 3-13 every year to show progress?  How long were we supposed to wait?  

Evidently 1 1/2 years is enough. 

Archived