Maxmw22's First Mock Offseason

Maxmw22

On 12/7/2017 at 12:54 PM, marshawn lynch said:

Few things here. Firstly... I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Allen. Did I mention I hate Allen? He is all projections and taking a risk that big likely won't pan out. If we take a risk like that I expect to have a much better backup than Chad Henne.

Secondly Mark Andrew would be a much better selection in that range than Trey. Also what do you have happening with Nick O'Leary. Cutting him to keep Lee? I don't see that happening.

Next would probably be Linebacker situation. Feel like it makes us worst. You still have our worst linebacker starting in Alexander and you surrounded him with a 3rd round rookie and a 4th round rookie. We would be torn up if we head into the season with those starting 3.

We did nothing with our offensive line. Vlad is still starting at RG? John Miller... There is no way he makes the team next year. This coaching staff does not like him. He has been a healthy scratch for how long now? And you only have us heading into the season with 2 OTs. That is not happening in a million years. One injury away from having to move Ducasse to tackle. That's no good.

Lastly after adding Hill in free agency Bo kinda seems like a wasted pick with us not having any OLine depth. Like the player but there is much more urgent depth needs than a #3 RB.

Hate to tear your entire mock up. There are some nice moves. I do like adding Mason and Star. Also like Payne. With adding Star and Payne I'd almost let Kyle Williams walk or retire and use that cash for a starting SLB and start Milano at WLB. That just leaves starting a rookie at MLB

I'm not sure about Allen, he is still being projected in round 1, so the scouts see something in him, you even have him on your QB list.

However, I fully agree that we will be drafting a few OLmen if we cut Glenn and probably sign a couple of cheap ones in FA.

I seriously doubt Bo lasts till the 5th round, more like a 3rd rounder to me.

15 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I'm not sure about Allen, he is still being projected in round 1, so the scouts see something in him, you even have him on your QB list.

However, I fully agree that we will be drafting a few OLmen if we cut Glenn and probably sign a couple of cheap ones in FA.

I seriously doubt Bo lasts till the 5th round, more like a 3rd rounder to me.

Yeah he is still on my list. It would be silly not to have a former top 3 prospect on it. He is just much more of a risk that I don't think we should gamble with. If you're the Steelers, Patriots, Chargers or Saints then you could afford the risk in the 1st round. We are not in their position. They have vet QB who could groom Allen and not have to throw a guy straight into action who hasn't even been a good QB at Wyomings level.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:47 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah he is still on my list. It would be silly not to have a former top 3 prospect on it. He is just much more of a risk that I don't think we should gamble with. If you're the Steelers, Patriots, Chargers or Saints then you could afford the risk in the 1st round. We are not in their position. They have vet QB who could groom Allen and not have to throw a guy straight into action who hasn't even been a good QB at Wyomings level.

You make good sense here, but there still i the factor, that he is a big physical player with a strong arm, the exact type of QB who can play in the weather of Buffalo. I guess his pro day might settle where he belongs and whether he is still a real 1st round prospect!!!

He is kind of built like our great last QB.

I've said for years that we needed a QB with a rocket launcher to play in the weather of Buffalo, but do we really? Look at all the other QB's who haven't had super strong arms yet have had no problems passing for a bunch of yardage on our turf. I don't think that arm strength needs to be that high up on the list anymore. Instead, just give me someone who can think on his feet and throw accurately. Yes, balls still need to arrive with some zip to the outside, but that would be true regardless of the location. I just don't believe we need to have someone who can bomb 60 yards down the field anymore.

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

I've said for years that we needed a QB with a rocket launcher to play in the weather of Buffalo, but do we really? Look at all the other QB's who haven't had super strong arms yet have had no problems passing for a bunch of yardage on our turf. I don't think that arm strength needs to be that high up on the list anymore. Instead, just give me someone who can think on his feet and throw accurately. Yes, balls still need to arrive with some zip to the outside, but that would be true regardless of the location. I just don't believe we need to have someone who can bomb 60 yards down the field anymore.

I agree. I'd rather have touch and accuracy from my QB for the first 12 weeks or so and then manage the game through the final month. 

Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield all have more then enough arm strength to play here.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree. I'd rather have touch and accuracy from my QB for the first 12 weeks or so and then manage the game through the final month. 

Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield all have more then enough arm strength to play here.

Well, of course, all 3 have the arm strength to play in Buffalo, but Mayfield I believe has a small hand which could effect him in cold weather situations. However, we are not going to get a shot at either Darnold or Rosen, so we have to look at the leftovers. Jackson will be long gone as well, but Mayfield just might still be there, but the other small NFL QB's and Mayfield may measure in at under 6' at the combine, all play in domes, so I am not sure he would be ideal playing in Buffalo.

So, we may well have to look at what is left and I love touch and accuracy, but by playoff time, you had better have a strong arm to play in the winter conditions of Buffalo if we have a home game, or it will be the end of the road quickly.

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, of course, all 3 have the arm strength to play in Buffalo, but Mayfield I believe has a small hand which could effect him in cold weather situations. However, we are not going to get a shot at either Darnold or Rosen, so we have to look at the leftovers. Jackson will be long gone as well, but Mayfield just might still be there, but the other small NFL QB's and Mayfield may measure in at under 6' at the combine, all play in domes, so I am not sure he would be ideal playing in Buffalo.

So, we may well have to look at what is left and I love touch and accuracy, but by playoff time, you had better have a strong arm to play in the winter conditions of Buffalo if we have a home game, or it will be the end of the road quickly.

I disagree. Buffalo has more draft capital than anyone so if the Giants (who now appear to be keeping Manning and just drafted Webb), Colts, Broncos (may want Tyrod to try and make another run) and 49ers finish 2nd then we have a chance. 

Archived