Week 3: New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-1)

Old Guy

7 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

How can you claim to be a fan of a team you so whole heatedly hope fails? Just so you can say I told you so over a nonsense opinion. 

No, I want them to succeed and getting rid of a head coach who's done nothing except prove he's just another Marv Levy and Dan Reeves minus the Superbowl appearances is how to do it.

I don't like Marv Levy and Dan Reeves type head coaches, and that's exactly what LaFleur is.

2 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

No, I want them to succeed and getting rid of a head coach who's done nothing except prove he's just another Marv Levy and Dan Reeves minus the Superbowl appearances is how to do it.

I don't like Marv Levy and Dan Reeves type head coaches, and that's exactly what LaFleur is.

You have had this opinion of MLF before he ever coached a game. He has proven to be a winning head coach up to this point. He has his faults as all coaches do. Marv Levy and Dan Reeves were very successful head coaches as well. If it's Super Bowl or bust every year for you then I am happy you don't run this team. Is Andy Reid a good coach? I'm sure you would have gotten rid of him too? Mike Holmgren, he didn't win immediately. MLF is 4 years in he has time yet and up to this point it looks like he is in a good path. And saying you are going to enjoy him getting fired is t rooting for the teams success. You should be actively rooting to be proven wrong but you can't wait to say I told you so and will never admit you were even if he does win multiple SB's

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

How can you claim to be a fan of a team you so whole heatedly hope fails? Just so you can say I told you so over a nonsense opinion. 

Just like when Favre left, you have "Packer fans" who hate: 

- the gm

- the coach

- about 50 of the 53 rostered players

....you hit this point of "ok, so you like the old QB, the stadium, and the jerseys. Maybe you should try a different team?" 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

MLF... has proven to be a winning head coach up to this point. He has his faults as all coaches do. Marv Levy and Dan Reeves were very successful head coaches as well. If it's Super Bowl or bust every year for you then I am happy you don't run this team. Is Andy Reid a good coach? I'm sure you would have gotten rid of him too? Mike Holmgren, he didn't win immediately. MLF is 4 years in he has time yet and up to this point it looks like he is in a good path. 

I think the Pats dynasty just ruined the NFL for idiot fans - "why can't we go to a SB every other year for a couple decades and win 7?"

Well, because that sh*t DOESN'T HAPPEN. Coaches go into the HoF with Levy/Holmgren/Reeves resumes. As they should. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Levy is a hall of fame coach lol. Anyone that thinks Levy and Reeves weren't highly successful coaches is off their rocker. 

Reeves IMO gets bonus points of "well, he was just successful because of Elway" so he goes and leads the NYG to the playoffs with Dave freakin' Brown and Kent Graham as QBs, then goes to ATL and they go 14-2 with Chris Chandler at QB. 

I mean, geez, what more proof do people want that Reeves knew a little bit about football. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Bad Example said:

Reeves IMO gets bonus points of "well, he was just successful because of Elway" so he goes and leads the NYG to the playoffs with Dave freakin' Brown and Kent Graham as QBs, then goes to ATL and they go 14-2 with Chris Chandler at QB. 

I mean, geez, what more proof do people want that Reeves knew a little bit about football. 

And more importantly, he kept the Viqueens out of the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm not sure how Reeves hasn't been put into the HOF. 

Edited by CrazyJoeDavola
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I'm not sure how Reeved hasn't been put into the HOF. 

John Elway is apparently a miserable human being so I can see him campaigning to keep Reeves out. 

When you look at the breadth of Reeves career as player/***'t coach/HC...he should be in on the merits of his HC alone but with the whole deal I don't see how you keep him out.