Deshaun Watson

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Alpha 

It was a bad decision and I paid the price.

But it wasn’t a bruise that I was going to do no further damage to and could have played through with pain management.

Stretching, steroids, shots, etc all without further damage.

Pretty clear that everyone is surprised by this decision including teammates and coaches. They shouldn’t be, he’s here for the bag which he got up front. 

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

what is the relevance of medically cleared?  Anyone with a soft tissue injury is medically cleared.  Players miss time with those all the time.

Given the surprise from his teammates and the coaching staff, I’ll side with them 

indisputable and fairly irrelevant tbh.  At least the “medically cleared” part.

And he bailed on the interview part…?

Call him out for not playing when he’s experiencing pain that impacts his ability to throw a ball?

What are we even doing here?!??

Where was his second opinion? What did he do during the bye week? You know, stuff that he could speak to in an interview to shed light. But he didn’t and he won’t because he’s a pass the buck guy.

This was my favorite part:

He acknowledged that the sequence of events leading up to the Ravens game, when Watson stated as late as Friday that he’d play and then decided on Sunday morning that he couldn’t, were “a little bit strange.”

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Given the surprise from his teammates and the coaching staff, I’ll side with them 

surprised because they felt he let them down or expected him to play because he’s always done so?

You’re projecting your opinions on their statements.

Multiple players have come out and said they had no issue with it.

And he bailed on the interview part…?

It’s a bad look, no argument there.  That said I think we all can acknowledge how absurd the Cleveland media can be.  I wouldn’t be humoring Grossi, etc a lot of the time either tbh.  

Where was his second opinion? What did he do during the bye week? You know, stuff that he could speak to in an interview to shed light. But he didn’t and he won’t because he’s a pass the buck guy.

What does he need a second opinion for?  If he’s comfortable that the dx is correct, why go have someone else tell you the same thing?  The recovery time is 2-6 weeks.  It’s been 3.  There’s nothing wild or needing a second set of eyes imo. 

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This was my favorite part:

He acknowledged that the sequence of events leading up to the Ravens game, when Watson stated as late as Friday that he’d play and then decided on Sunday morning that he couldn’t, were “a little bit strange.”

Idk it’s entirely possible be tweaked it or didn’t progress as he’d hope or whatever.  

You’re seeing what you want to see, not what the facts are telling you.  

We’ve got an ortho surgeon (and other posters on this site with rotator cuff injuries) telling us that the injury would impact his ability to throw and could take a month and a half to heal and some folks would rather just let their feelings be their guide.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a bad look, no argument there.  That said I think we all can acknowledge how absurd the Cleveland media can be.  I wouldn’t be humoring Grossi, etc a lot of the time either tbh.  

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Part of the job. We all have parts that suck regardless of how much we like it or don’t. Earn that paycheck bro. Part of the gig of being a pro, especially a quarterback.

If Peyton had to stand in front of reporters answering questions about what Mike Vanderjerk said about being a choker, you can answer questions about an injury and your status.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk it’s entirely possible be tweaked it or didn’t progress as he’d hope or whatever.  

You’re seeing what you want to see, not what the facts are telling you.  

We’ve got an ortho surgeon (and other posters on this site with rotator cuff injuries) telling us that the injury would impact his ability to throw and could take a month and a half to heal and some folks would rather just let their feelings be their guide.  🤷‍♂️

I don’t care about any of that. He doesn’t warrant the benefit of the doubt. Had that injury and worse and played through it for much less. Maybe he should have gotten some massage therapy, it’s actually a viable treatment.

But I’m past the point of being rational. This dirtbag has ruined my fandom. I despised Baker the player but always respected his passion and willingness to play. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Part of the job. We all have parts that suck regardless of how much we like it or don’t. Earn that paycheck bro. Part of the gig of being a pro, especially a quarterback.

If Peyton had to stand in front of reporters answering questions about what Mike Vanderjerk said about being a choker, you can answer questions about an injury and your status.

I get it, you’re not wrong.  It’s a bad look and he should be out there.  No argument there.  

I get why he wouldn’t want to, but it doesn’t matter.  Go answer the questions. 

Honestly him not speaking is just adding fuel to the fire. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t care about any of that. He doesn’t warrant the benefit of the doubt. Had that injury and worse and played through it for much less. Maybe he should have gotten some massage therapy, it’s actually a viable treatment.

But I’m past the point of being rational. This dirtbag has ruined my fandom. I despised Baker the player but always respected his passion and willingness to play. 

No argument there.

• Like 1

I loved Baker the player, still do, and still think the Browns royalty screwed up trading the farm for Watson and forcing Baker out. This current drama just continues to reinforce my opinion. I am loving that Baker is doing well, as he did here when healthy. 

Being totally honest, I could care less about what Watson did off field and I still felt the trade was horrible because of what we gave up for him and paid him. Would have had much better production from Baker at a far cheaper price with our draft picks to use. 

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I loved Baker the player, still do, and still think the Browns royalty screwed up trading the farm for Watson and forcing Baker out. This current drama just continues to reinforce my opinion. I am loving that Baker is doing well, as he did here when healthy. 

Being totally honest, I could care less about what Watson did off field and I still felt the trade was horrible because of what we gave up for him and paid him. Would have had much better production from Baker at a far cheaper price with our draft picks to use. 

I like Baker the competitor and leader, but he was maddeningly inconsistent during his time here, and a disappointment for first overall pick. That said, I also hate the Watson trade, hate him as a human, and am rooting for Baker's success

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No argument there.

Being a fan gives me the right to be as rational or irrational as I want and speak with my wallet and words. I’ve monetarily boycotted them for years and will verbally do so now, and if I am actually given tickets to the colts game I will verbally abuse Watson while sporting Kelly Holcomb’s jersey.