Deshaun Watson

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m fine with an old man yells at cloud thread here. He is horrible and this so far is the worst trade in NFL history.

Not the Herschel Walker trade that helped the Cowboys win multiple SBs? The Browns are 4-4 with Watson. They were 4-7 with Brissett. 8-9 with Mayfield the year before.

Tell me how exactly this is the worst trade ever so far?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m fine with an old man yells at cloud thread here. He is horrible and this so far is the worst trade in NFL history.

Yeah, until he shows he is better than Jacoby Brissett and Baker Mayfield, we gave up a bunch of money and assets just for the extra drama. Which is a lot to say when Baker Mayfield was our quarterback short time ago.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

We might as well have a thread for it since I'd rather hear it from other Browns fans who are stuck in the same situation. I will never go to games and boo our own players, and I'm not hoping Deshaun fall flat on his face so I'm proven right, but there's also facing the reality of the situation.

I believe that Deshaun definitely can play a lot better, but he looked like a mental midget against the Steelers and is on course to get booed in his own stadium before the bye week. There's a good chance he already has a difficult time going in public without harassment.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

not sexually assaulting a couple dozen women makes going out in public a smidge easier I imagine.

It was easier in Jimmy's era before the Internet was invented and a woman getting slapped on TV was considered a romantic gesture.

Was Deshaun's ability to respond to massive public humiliation and disdain factored into giving him a blank check at all? A large part of him has to want to pack his bags and take the first flight back to Georgia, or much much further south. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

It was easier in Jimmy's era before the Internet was invented and a woman getting slapped on TV was considered a romantic gesture.

Was Deshaun's ability to respond to massive public humiliation and disdain factored into giving him a blank check at all? A large part of him has to want to pack his bags and take the first flight back to Georgia, or much much further south. 

I mean, people are booing him and he’s getting sht primarily because he’s played poorly.  That’s a sad fact, but a fact regardless.  Ben got plenty of cheers after his whole debacle.  Ray Lewis is revered.  

As far as the off the field stuff, I can’t imagine it’s playing a huge role in missing open receivers.  Like, is that what we’re assuming he’s thinking about mid snap?  

IDK, I have no clue what the real answer or reality is, but based on his history over YEARS as a football player I can’t help but think we’re seeing the worst of things now and he’ll improve as we go.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

https://x.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1704120038515491110?s=20  

Is this honestly what you guys expect to see moving forward?  Far and away the most inaccurate passer in the league? 

I’m not gonna pretend he hasn’t been atrocious, he has, but like, THIS is the player we should expect?  

Maybe it is scheme. Maybe he needs a complete pistol or shotgun spread scheme and maybe he can’t play under center and maybe he can’t read a defense post motion and needs it slowed down and simplified for him. 

But I don’t think he’s ever the guy in Houston we traded for, I think that guy is never coming back.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Maybe it is scheme. Maybe he needs a complete pistol or shotgun spread scheme and maybe he can’t play under center and maybe he can’t read a defense post motion and needs it slowed down and simplified for him. 

But I don’t think he’s ever the guy in Houston we traded for, I think that guy is never coming back.

That’s fair.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, people are booing him and he’s getting sht primarily because he’s played poorly.  That’s a sad fact, but a fact regardless.  Ben got plenty of cheers after his whole debacle.  Ray Lewis is revered.  

As far as the off the field stuff, I can’t imagine it’s playing a huge role in missing open receivers.  Like, is that what we’re assuming he’s thinking about mid snap?  

IDK, I have no clue what the real answer or reality is, but based on his history over YEARS as a football player I can’t help but think we’re seeing the worst of things now and he’ll improve as we go.

I think what you do off the field has a tremendous effect on how you perform on it. What does a QB do when they are missing open receivers? They put in thousands of hours of work to train their mind and body so it doesn't abandon them on game day. Is that what Deshaun is doing? I have no idea, but I know there's no way for the Browns to hold him accountable if he can't/won't get it together. So far it looks like he wasn't this off-season. 

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Seriously would love to see what percentage of snaps we are already taking out of shotgun and in spread. It feels like this offense has already been tailored to him he's just sucking. 

• Like 1