2020 QB Class  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Best QB class ever?

• Yes, they already are
    • Not yet, but probably will be
    • Not yet, but have a chance
    • Not yet, and doubt they will be
    • No, and never will be

The first five QBs selected in the 2020 draft, all of which are starters this season held in positive regard:

• Joe Burrow (1st overall): A bit of a down year so far for him while he's injured but he's been one of the best QBs since entering the league and already had a Super Bowl appearance. He's had two back-to-back 4400+ yard 35+ TD seasons.
  • Tua Tagovailoa (5th overall): Limited only by his health, he's been one of the best precision passers while healthy, leading one of the game's best passing offenses so far this year and last.
  • Justin Herbert (6th overall): Prolific passer with athletic upside. Had an over 4300 yard rookie season, and followed them up with a 5000+ yard season and a 4700 yard season.
  • Jordan Love (26th overall): Previously the reason this draft class was likely not in the discussion yet, the jury's still out but so far he seems to be the successor to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Has not thrown a pick yet so far this year, with a 118.7 passer rating.
  • Jalen Hurts (53rd overall): A rare dual threat QB who is also a great passer. Improving every season he's been in the league, he's one of the main reasons the Eagles offense has been so dynamic and hard to defend against.

Previously, the 1983 class (John Elway, Jim Kelly, Ken O'Brien, Dan Marino) and 2004 class (Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Schaub) were commonly cited as the best QB classes ever, but both of these classes only produced four longterm starters each and produced at least 1st-round dud (Blackledge/Eason in 1983, Losman in 2004).

1. Is the 2020 class already the best QB class ever in your eyes?
  2. If not: which class you consider better, what more would you need to see for the 2020 class to surpass them, and do you think they'll eventually do it?

Discuss

I’m just glad Love is playing well, as expected. The internet hate on him was uncalled for. He was well deserving of a 1st Round Pick with his skillset and sophomore season. And had ball placement where he fits it in a dime. Sure, had a ton of interceptions, but I always felt that was more related to hero-ball and not reading the defense correctly. 

Burrow, Tua, and Love’s ball placement that draft class was legit insane. Especially Tua. He is the best in the NFL at ball placement, and is the all-time leader in throwing in tight windows in college according to PFF. 

39 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m just glad Love is playing well, as expected. The internet hate on him was uncalled for. He was well deserving of a 1st Round Pick with his skillset and sophomore season. And had ball placement where he fits it in a dime. Sure, had a ton of interceptions, but I always felt that was more related to hero-ball and not reading the defense correctly. 

Burrow, Tua, and Love’s ball placement that draft class was legit insane. Especially Tua. He is the best in the NFL at ball placement, and is the all-time leader in throwing in tight windows in college according to PFF. 

Just seems like yesterday NFL Gen was clowning on Tua for always throwing short behind a porous offensive line. People hooting and hawing when Miami traded for Tyreek acting like Tua wouldn't use him properly. I'll see if I can find some old threads.

Found it lol.

"Tua has a noodle arm."

"Tua has no arm strength to get Hill the ball deep."

"Hill will open up Tua's checkdown game."

"This trade makes no sense for a team like Miami."

Edited by notthatbluestuff

20 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I mean, Love is solid. But I think the annointment is a bit early right now. He's still around 55% as a passer and needs to get to his 2nd and 3rd reads better. He also has to stop missing wide open dudes over the middle by throwing behind them. Saw that 4 times in the Falcons game that he was just way behind dudes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I mean, Love is solid. But I think the annointment is a bit early right now. He's still around 55% as a passer and needs to get to his 2nd and 3rd reads better. He also has to stop missing wide open dudes over the middle by throwing behind them. Saw that 4 times in the Falcons game that he was just way behind dudes. 

You didn't see him do that 4 times 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

He’ll be fine. He also hasn’t had his #1 WR. I’m a big Christian Watson fan. I think Doubs is really overrated and eventually a JAG. Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave will be absolutely terrific, but they are rookies, and their breakouts are likely next year. It’s kind of funny the moment Rodgers leaves, the Packers actually start drafting good skill position players. 

54 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Just seems like yesterday NFL Gen was clowning on Tua for always throwing short behind a porous offensive line. People hooting and hawing when Miami traded for Tyreek acting like Tua wouldn't use him properly. I'll see if I can find some old threads.

Found it lol.

"Tua has a noodle arm."

"Tua has no arm strength to get Hill the ball deep."

"Hill will open up Tua's checkdown game."

"This trade makes no sense for a team like Miami."

I’ve had to bite my tongue on Tua and Love for years, no more. They are who I always thought they were. Beasts. Maybe premature to call Love a beast, but I love what I see so far. Imagine him with a healthy Watson (who has Top 10 WR potential) and Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave with a year of experience. I picked the Lions to win the division this year and the Packers to get a wildcard, but I once again think the Packers own the NFC North for a long time starting next year. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You didn't see him do that 4 times 

Crossing patterns. 4 times. I'm sure you don't agree, but he was missing dudes.

32 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

He’ll be fine. He also hasn’t had his #1 WR. I’m a big Christian Watson fan. I think Doubs is really overrated and eventually a JAG. Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave will be absolutely terrific, but they are rookies, and their breakouts are likely next year. It’s kind of funny the moment Rodgers leaves, the Packers actually start drafting good skill position players. 

I think he will be too. Watson would be a huge help for him. Reed and Musgrave are great to build around.

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah not sure what that even meant. If anything the overthrows have been the issue, haven't seen him behind anything other than the 50/50 ball to Doubs that got the DPI, but he got hit as he released that. 

Could have been the camera angle. But it looked like he was behind guys live. Been sick this week and haven't watched the All-22 yet.