Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

We had a smaller bearded dragon when my kids were little. Easy to care for, pretty friendly, and never bit the kids. He did whip me with his tail once, scared the piss out of me since I was sleeping. Lol.  Just ate crickets and meal worms, so it wasn't expensive. The initial set up I think cost like $150 but you can always look on Facebook Marketplace or wherever to get deals.

Cheers Sug. That's what she's interested in, a Rankins Dragon. Needs the grades first. Is it bad parenting if I keep her up all night before tests? Good tip on the FB. Will distract me from shopping autox cars on there too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Cheers Sug. That's what she's interested in, a Rankins Dragon. Needs the grades first. Is it bad parenting if I keep her up all night before tests? Good tip on the FB. Will distract me from shopping autox cars on there too. 

That's not bad parenting, its preparation for the adversity she will face as a college student or parent. (That sounds good enough to pass most BS meters, right?)

Perfect example, I have to be up in 5 hours because I was writing my son's story after some writer's block completely disappeared for a bit. Been writing for about 4 hours (knocked out 2 chapters) and have bullet points made out for like 5-8 chapters depending on how long convos and fights last, or if I decide to add a filler chapter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That's not bad parenting, its preparation for the adversity she will face as a college student or parent. (That sounds good enough to pass most BS meters, right?)

Perfect example, I have to be up in 5 hours because I was writing my son's story after some writer's block completely disappeared for a bit. Been writing for about 4 hours (knocked out 2 chapters) and have bullet points made out for like 5-8 chapters depending on how long convos and fights last, or if I decide to add a filler chapter. 

Don't understand, are you writing a story for your son's school or a story about your son?

7 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Don't understand, are you writing a story for your son's school or a story about your son?

He's been a huge Naruto fan since he was little so I'm writing a full fanfic of it for him.  it's a complete rewrite of the whole story and I let him have updates on his birthday, Christmas, and Easter. It's just become a hobby at this point. It lets me rewrite parts that I hated when I was watching the show and it gave me a base for a whole little universe that I didn't have to flesh out myself. Then I get to steal missions and quests from games and movies and adapt them to the story. So it is Artistic plagiarism LOL

Edited by Sugashane
Grammar/spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

He's been a huge Naruto fan since he was little so I'm writing a full fanfic of it for him.  it's a complete rewrite of the whole story and I let him have updates on his birthday, christmas, and easter. It's just become a hobby at this point. It lets me rewrite parts that I hated when I was washing the show and it gave me a base for a whole little universe that I didn't have to flesh out myself. Then I get to steal missions and quests from games and movies and adapt them to the story so it is Artistic plagiarism LOL

Man, that is awesome dad stuff. Good on you, that is the kind of thing he'll probably think back on his whole life and the older he gets the more he'll appreciate. I certainly have found myself in some bizarre situations with the ends of making my kids happy, but copyright infringement would be a new one!  Rock on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

He's been a huge Naruto fan since he was little so I'm writing a full fanfic of it for him.  it's a complete rewrite of the whole story and I let him have updates on his birthday, christmas, and easter. It's just become a hobby at this point. It lets me rewrite parts that I hated when I was washing the show and it gave me a base for a whole little universe that I didn't have to flesh out myself. Then I get to steal missions and quests from games and movies and adapt them to the story so it is Artistic plagiarism LOL

I used to make up stories for my daughter at bed time.

Many were actually my own inventions.  But some ideas were sprinkled in that were stolen from cartoons, books, etc. I have read. 

When she got older and started reading and what not she spotted some of them and called me out on it. LOL

She knows how I am though.  I used to sing Beatles songs and what not to her and I say you like that song?  I just wrote it.

I also tried for many years to convince her and my son that I am actually an 800 year old mystical ninja/monk originally from hidden mountains in Madagascar.   This is only my current family and I have to fake my death every 75 years and start over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Ehh.  If he’s gonna hit free agency why give up a pick for him when we’re trying to tank?  I know he could get signed to an extension and he could get FTd, but something’s gotta give with Washington and all the money they have tied up on their DL.

Unless it’s a ridiculously low price, pass on this and try to grab him in free agency.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Ehh.  If he’s gonna hit free agency why give up a pick for him when we’re trying to tank?  

Yeah... The Flus and Getsy aren't trying to tank....We as fans might be there, but this staff, and the team especially last week showed they're in it to win it. Gotta give Flus some credit on that one tbh, Trestman would have completely lost the locker room already, where Flus had them playing some of their best football of the year last week, and has them believing they are a team on the rise right now.